A big drainage problem.

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
SO uh ive kinda dug myself a hole here. While I was treating for coccidia, I had to move and wiggle the cage around alot to clean and in the process of doing so, the side of the table has decided to snap/crack. Its been like this for a few weeks and I didnt have to time to fix it with everything going on. My drainage worked fine until the table decided to go out on me. The table is still sturdy enough, his cage isnt in danger of falling, but my drainage is struggling. Because of this, my current technique is put a bucket under everywhere water could possibly come out, and hope for the best. Because the table snapped, it has allowed water to get through and is going to rot out the table. Along with this, water doesn't drain effectively anymore so water is staying pooled in the left side of the cage, constantly.

Does anyone know of any decent stands/tables that I can get preferably today or tomorrow? Maybe something from home depot/lowes? My cage bottom is 24x24. If anyone has ideas on how to build something, i'm all ears.

What about drainage ideas?

What kind of enclosure are you using? And what is your current approach to drainage?

All I can imagine right now is a dripping wet screen cage depositing all of its water contents directly onto your table haha. As for tables, I would go to craigslist/fb marketplace/a thrift store of some sort - but I'm cheap!

Got a picture of it? Depending on what it looks like, you could put caulking on to make it waterproof, and wipe it flat from the inside so there’s nothing for your cham to nibble on

Depending how limited your options are, you can use your tap water, then when/if you notice it clogging or the pressure increasing you can get a scale removing kit. There’s food safe ones in hardware stores where I live

The approach that was working for me was holes in the floor of the middle of the cage and the table ( sealed with silicone ), with tubes and the edges sealed. The floor of the cage is nailed to the table because I was afraid of it tipping somehow. The nail sort of indented the middle, so the water ran into the tubes and down into the bucket. Whenever I tip the table, the edge that is cracked is tilted down so water pools underneath the cage itself. Yeah... its bad.

Screen cage. The only thing staying soaking wet is the poor table and the floor of the cage.

Back
Top Bottom