9 month old panther sick?

Powerful Sensei

Hi i have a 9 month old blue bar ambilobe and he is showing some signs of illness and im not sure what is bringing it on. Recently he has stopped eating, he is extremly active but is sleeping earlier than ususal.He sneezes every now and then which has only started a few days ago.Also ive noticed his urates are bright orange which i heard is due to dehydration but i see him drink daily. id like to catch the problem before it gets worse,any ideas?

The link didn't go through.
Fill out the form below and post it.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Pictures are helpful

need more details! What did of living conditions do you have him in, etc. Also as always said "see a vet asap"

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Zoo Med Reptibreeze 24x24x48 Screen.
Lighting - Zoo Med Reptisun Florecent Bulb and 75w Basking Bulb. On analog timers set on at 6:eek:o am and off at 8:30pm.
Temperature - 90 degrees during the day 70 during the night the thermometer reads fairly accurate.
Humidity - Its at about 60-80% But admittedly i have gotten it into the 90's unintentionaly. I mist the habitat as needed and I have a Zoo Med Reptifogger set to go off for 30 minute intervals. I have hydrometer in the habitat.
Plants - I have a Star Jasmine plant and a Heavenly Bamboo plant as well.
Placement - Its in a GIANT closet in my apartment I live upstairs and it gets stuffy so i have box Fan near the cage in the room. its two feet off the ground on a table.
Location -Phoenix, AZ HOT out here!

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Blue Bar Ambilobe 9 Months old. Ive had him since he was 6 months old.
Handling - Every other day. Somtimes more. He is not like my other chams. He has a very warm disposition.
Feeding - I feed him every other day.About 10 to 12 crickets and a few superworms usually when he is being picky. I pull them out the next day if any remain. My crickets eat a combination and variety of mustard and collard greens,carrots,apples and bee pollen. I somtimes offer a little Fluckers gut load and quencher.
Supplements - I dust my insects every other feeding with Rep Cal calcium with D3 and Herpavite. 50/50 mixture. Once a month use Miner All
Watering - I uss a large pump sprayer i mist the habitat heavily once in the morning and 4 to 5 times lightly throughout the day. I see my panther drink every morning like clockwork.
Fecal Description - Solid but small stool as of recent and bright orange urate. Has not been tested for parasites to my knowledge.
History -He is Obsessed with human contact it is really strange, always wants out of his cage.
Current Problem - Im afraid he might have a resperitory infection or worse.

the obsession toward human affection could be derived from the fact that he is uncomfortable inside of his cage.
Is that 90F his ambient temperature? or is it the basking temperature?

What kind of MinerAll you have? is it MinerAll I or MinerAll 0?
I think you have the schedule mixed up. RepCal D3 has a lot more D3 than MinerAll I (MinerAll 0 does not have D3).
It should be the other way around.
I would use Repcal and herptivite once a month. While MinerAll 0 every feeding (except when it's time to dust with those mixture).

Why do you think he has uri?

He has been this way from day one throughout all his different enclosures but perhaps he is uncomfortable.He tends to want out if im near the cage but stops after i walk out of his view.He claws at the door alot. 90 degrees is th basking temp its generally 80 degrees throught the cage,but it rises quickly if the door slides closed. Im using Miner All I is that the right one? his sneezing makes me think resperitory infection maybe?

He has been this way from day one throughout all his different enclosures but perhaps he is uncomfortable.He tends to want out if im near the cage but stops after i walk out of his view.He claws at the door alot. 90 degrees is th basking temp its generally 80 degrees throught the cage,but it rises quickly if the door slides closed.

you might want to bring the ambient temp down a bit
don't close the door then.
If you have time, can you take a pic of the whole enclosure and pic of him?
So, the cage is in the closet?

Im worried about him not eating.I suspected dehydration and im trying to eleviate it how long can he go on this hunger strike for before ive got big problems?

Yes the Closet is empty and spacious but does share space with my veileds smaller enclosure.I have been leaving the door open this past week,just hope the damage isnt already done.this guy is my champ i havent had any problems at all until now. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom