9 Month Female Mated

Cali Reaper

I made this cage from a tv cabinet that has divider for my 1 year male and 9 month old female, some how my boy found its way to the female and my wife found them mating. I did not want her to mate because she was young, now that she has mated, will it be dangerous for her when she lays eggs at this stage or it doesn't really matter? I am concerned.

Attachments

• IMG_7880.JPG
    IMG_7880.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1992.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1992.JPG.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0885.JPG
    IMG_0885.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1993.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1993.JPG.jpeg
    478.4 KB · Views: 128
Yup looks like Lizard Love to me. Were you planning on breeding them at some point in the future? I'm not sure if that is too young---some panther experts should know

It is best to wait for the females to reach a year or more before breeding them but since young love is what it is you have a situation on your hands. First thing is to shore up your cage so he can't bother her again in her delicate condition. The extra stress won't be good for her. You are probably on that already.
Hopefully someone who has dealt with this can walk you thru the balance of feeding her enough to allow her body to mature without having her produce too many eggs for her smaller frame.

Thanks all for thr replies, I am concern since I had a young Female laid a clutch and months later she had MBD because she was too young to develope her body. I have reenforced the divider now, so he wont bother her now.

Back
Top Bottom