8 month amibole

DeviousMike

Well this guy is about 8 months now and is going through a shed. His colors are really setting in now.

IMG_0894.jpg

Mike he is excellent. I like the sleeping and awake ones. It never fails to amaze me the difference in colors sleeping to waking. I think either Studly or Kodak for all his color.:)

Mike he is excellent. I like the sleeping and awake ones. It never fails to amaze me the difference in colors sleeping to waking. I think either Studly or Kodak for all his color.:)

The only downside for this guy is that he is mean. He's a biter and a jumper. I wish his personality would match his awesomeness. I'm almost compelled to get him a mate just to spread his genes. But that's a huge decision and I would have to give up one of my other chams.

Any thing you can try to settle him down? Maybe take him away for the others for a while and let him chill on a plant somewhere else in the house? Sorry I don't have any real good ideas. My sister puts on a leather glove and let's hers bite until they just sort of decide it doesn't get them anywhere.

Any thing you can try to settle him down? Maybe take him away for the others for a while and let him chill on a plant somewhere else in the house? Sorry I don't have any real good ideas. My sister puts on a leather glove and let's hers bite until they just sort of decide it doesn't get them anywhere.

I've been doing the leather glove about 2 times a week now. He goes to town on it like a chew toy and does not stop. So I just sorta grab him and he is semi-calm on my hand, but with his dark POed colors. If I move my other hand in close, he gets all hissy again. I don't test him because I don't want to get that hand bitten LOL.

He really doesn't know there is a cham next to him because each cage has cardboard in between so they can't see each other. I wonder if they smell each other.

Hand feeding is unsuccessful too. He just hates foreign things in his cage and just stresses himself out.

I really want to try free range, even for a little while at a time but I don't have the time most of the week. Perhaps if I can get a big tree this weekend I can try it out since I'm actually off for 4 days (God bless America and President's day).

Back
Top Bottom