7 trees and 1 bag of trash a week

Recently I have seen a lot of problems circling around global warming so I decided to stop listening to people argue about it and actually do something about it. My plan is to go vegetarian (#partbeardeddragon) , plant at least 7 trees a week and pick up at least one bag of trash a week. I know this won't do much if anything but hopefully I can inspire others to do the same thing because we can't wait for other people to do things for us. We have to do it for the planet and the animals we cherish.
I think your commitment is excellant. And you are righf, we are all the problem so we all must be a part of the solution. Research your ecosystem then decide what and where to plant. I am in the city so i cant plant trees but i do take my clippers on every walk and deadhead flowrrs and other dead growth that needs a helping hand on my walks. Also every trip to the beach i come prepared with gloves and a bag and walk the coaztline picking up trash and oil globs. we all must pitchin and i am sure each of us can find a thing that needs a helping hand.

And why are people debating on changing it, like why do people actually have to think about it, you know what you have to do its just a matter of if you can actually think of someone but yourself and make a change.

The sentiment is laudable, but as has been pointed out, not all trees are equal when it comes to carbon. Even so, planting of trees will take 20+ years to go from carbon source to carbon sink. Gotta look at the big picture. ;)

(Watch all the way to the end)

Any chance you can plant 7 old-growth forests a week? 😁

This doesn't mean planting trees is a bad idea. I think it means doing the homework to make best use of time & resources. Think of it like all the folks who come here with the best of intentions, but got all the wrong information. ;)

In addition to sticking with endemic species of trees, I'd look for resistant varieties—resistant to pests, diseases, and suitable for the climate changes to come over the next century.

Back
Top Bottom