7 trees and 1 bag of trash a week

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
Recently I have seen a lot of problems circling around global warming so I decided to stop listening to people argue about it and actually do something about it. My plan is to go vegetarian (#partbeardeddragon) , plant at least 7 trees a week and pick up at least one bag of trash a week. I know this won't do much if anything but hopefully I can inspire others to do the same thing because we can't wait for other people to do things for us. We have to do it for the planet and the animals we cherish.

I'm not sure where you live, but you might want to consider planting native trees and other plants. Reason being that in addition to offsetting carbon emissions to an extent, they help support the native ecosystems which have been badly damaged due to non-native plants and other invasive species. For instance, native bees are really on the decline and some of the reason for that is being outcompeted by non-native honeybees and a lack of natural forage for them. By planting native plants you are giving native inhabitants a better chance and restoring the native ecosystem which has wide rippling effects, which I imagine you are after! A great initiative!

Recently I have seen a lot of problems circling around global warming so I decided to stop listening to people argue about it and actually do something about it. My plan is to go vegetarian (#partbeardeddragon) , plant at least 7 trees a week and pick up at least one bag of trash a week. I know this won't do much if anything but hopefully I can inspire others to do the same thing because we can't wait for other people to do things for us. We have to do it for the planet and the animals we cherish.

I love all of these ideas you've got! And I love your enthusiasm!

You could also grow milkweed and other plants that encourage butterfly reproduction...plant flowers in your garden that butterflies and bees love to visit.

Maybe this would be a good tree to plant...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betula_uber

Well the whole point is to have a bunch of plants/trees and it doesn't have to be in my yard there's a bunch of woods near my house that could be thickend

Well the whole point is to have a bunch of plants/trees and it doesn't have to be in my yard there's a bunch of woods near my house that could be thickend
Hence the warning not to plant bamboo it's not native and it will outcompete the local plans someone else had made a post regarding importance of native plants supporting local honeybees you want to check your growth region and plant native it's admirable that you want to increase the foliage but throwing invasive plants in will do more harm than good

Even better, start farming bsfl too. They’re quite nutritious even for humans, and you can compost (reduces food waste and makes a great snack for your trees, too) with them at the same time. Plus some great treats for your pets! (#fullbeardeddragon)
Wait actually, you can eat bsfl

Back
Top Bottom