7 month old bb has low eye

DJTorres

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - bb ambilobe, male (i was told), 7 months (1/15/14). had him for about 4 months now
Handling - not to often hes kinda skiddish ( maybe twice a week or if he wants )
Feeding - mostly crickets , mealworms ...gutloaded with a mixture of carrots , oranges,sweet potatos ,potatos , sweet peppers ,squash ,apples ext.. i try to mix it up
Supplements - rep-cal multi (twice this month) exo terra calcium with d3 (once this month) exo terra calcium (every feeding except on mealworms)
Watering - combo drip (custom) mist by hand (he freaks out when the mister goes off) Hand mist once in the morning (about 7 ish) again at about 3ish and again at about 6, he drinks regularly off his plants
Fecal Description - poop light brown urate white (maybe have seen a dot of yellow once or twice) . Has never been tested for parasites (earlier this week had a really dark poop almost black )
History - i bowl feed him he eats with no problem hes on them as soon as i put them in , his sleep schedual is like 7 to 7 (up at 7 then sleeps at 7 ) i saw him sleeping during the day today witch caught my attention ( i kinda woke him up and saw his eye was closed)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - exo terra glass (with free range combo) exo terra is 18x18x24 total space 20x60x36 with tree
Lighting - zoo med hood with zoo med 5.0 uvb bulb (also gets nat sun light near the window) have lights on from 8am till 5/6 pm
Temperature - basking sot about 87/90 (depending on the exact location)lower end about 82 ish (out side of tank 83-86) at night temps about 75, i use exo terra dial and all things living probes just to be sure
Humidity -humidity levels about 55 - 70 (over when i spray) , misting and live plants do it for me along with moss like carpet on the floor . same as temps
Plants - live plants are umbrella , pothos also use fake
Placement - loc in the corner of the room near window , no fans vents or high traffic near his area (but do plan on opening his window when it gets a little nicer out) 6foot 4 inches from floor to top of his space
Location - bronx ny

his left eye was closed , sprayed him with a little warm water he opened it up a bit but its not fully open .... if its something serious i would like to get out ahead of it b4 it gets bad ... hes still young just really started getting color ill try and put up picks in a bit

can you post photos of the eye?

its possible he has something in his eye. longer mistings, and shower time can help with that.

if hes really 7 months old, hes getting too big for that cage, and you should upgrade to a screen cage for him anyway.

you may also want to get a digital thermometer, because the exo terrra things aren't always right.

do you have any substrate on the bottom of the cage?

Everything 'mom' said above is correct. Also, are the supplements you are giving still fresh? They do expire although it takes a long time for the powder to go bad. Vitamin A can help with eye problems but it really depends on the issue at hand. Calcium with D3 should only be given 1-2 a week, calcium WITHOUT D3 on other feedings. Daily sun soaks outside with natural sun will help as well. Just watch for the heat and make sure to keep him hydrated. :)

i do use a digital temp/humid with probes and the cal,and vitamins are not expired

he looks ok now but yesterday he had looked like some gray goop in his eye

its the left eye dont see anything now but please let me know if u see something ive missed

i have been misting him often at first he ran away but hes ok with it now

Attachments

• IMAG2262.jpg
    IMAG2262.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG2260.jpg
    IMAG2260.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG2259.jpg
    IMAG2259.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG2258.jpg