6500k led strips for plants??

You may want to check http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ - they are excellent with lighting and can answer all of your questions- AND they are a sponsor too!!

LEDs

I use a 24" LED strip rated at 6500 and have great results with
my plants. The one I use has 24 LEDs and I mounted it at the top
towards the back to give those plants more light. Nice thing about
the LEDs is no heat.

I actually built my own LED light set ups using those same lights. I cut plastic backing boards and mounted them to those then put them on top of the cage. So far all my plants have been striving well with them, not too mention it adds some nice ambient light to the enclosure.

I actually built my own LED light set ups using those same lights. I cut plastic backing boards and mounted them to those then put them on top of the cage. So far all my plants have been striving well with them, not too mention it adds some nice ambient light to the enclosure.

Just curious, how tall is your cage nd what's the distance between the lights nd your plants??

I can't comment on the lights themselves, but have heard it mentioned that lighting should come from the top if possible. The idea is to light from above as would be the case in the wild (i.e. the sun). Lighting from the sides could be hard on your chams eyes. Kind of like someone shining a light in your face all day :) Just a suggestion.

I didn't actually think of that, I have the uv tube going down the back which doesn't seem to bother him, didn't wanna put them on the top as the LEDs would be about 3ft away from the top of the tallest plant

Just curious, how tall is your cage nd what's the distance between the lights nd your plants??

I'm currently only using them in my smaller cages, so the plants are no more than about a foot away. I have yet to put them in my bigger enclosures.

yes those work great!!!

My ficus was dying so i bought those exact ones and it has been growing crazy ever sense. :D

mine had maybe 20-30 leaves left on it. its been a couple months since i put them in and the cage is exploding with leaves. i think i might have to trim it back a little. You must be patient as i didnt notice any growth untill about 2-3 weeks in.

There is no info regarding light output on the link you provided so these are likely to be junky/generic bulbs.

They should work fine for basic plant support but you don't really know what, or how much, light you are getting. It may work, or it may be garbage but without info on the lights its hard to tell. I'd guess they are mediocre, but for "basic" plants they will still provide supplemental light and if you just need a little bit, it willl probably be fine

Your cage looks really good!!! I take it the lights going down the sides don't affect ya chams eyes in any way?? Also what's the adhesive like on the LEDs?? Sorry for all the q's just really looking forward to getting my plants sorted!!!

I will say the adhesive on the back sucks!!!

I ended up hot gluing them from the outside of the cage to the back of the strips. If you get these im sure you will enjoy them. They are smaller than they look in the pics and are supper flexible.

And as for the eyes i have not had a problem. My little guy loves climbing on them. They also dont get hot at all. Just luke warm.

Hope this helps you out

So i just looked back at my post and the ones you have arent the same ones i had purchased. check this link out

http://www.ebay.com/itm/27097501845...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Back
Top Bottom