5 weeks old help

cameo10

Baby blue bar is currently on fruit flies and inside of a pet carrier with UVB and 100 watt bulb. What other care does it need ?

Attachments

• E346FBCC-4540-4654-8C1A-70CB551DBB9E.jpeg
    E346FBCC-4540-4654-8C1A-70CB551DBB9E.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 73
https://chameleonacademy.com/panther-chameleon-care/
https://www.chameleonschool.com/baby-chameleons/
(Be sure to follow the embedded links for more detailed info).

Regarding the debate between starting with a smaller enclosure vs. full-sized enclosure, I fall on the full-size from the get-go side, but that doesn't mean you can't section off a portion for awhile and open it up as s/he grows. That saves having to buy 2 enclosures and what to do with the smaller one later. Obviously many around here will say, "Get another chameleon!" Since they don't socialize anyway, I'm content with my one. :)

No heat... It will kill baby.

Please show us what your working with for the enclosure. And the UVB your using. You will need correct supplements as well. TONS of fruit flies and pin head crickets. Babies eat non stop and need a lot of food at this stage.
So how will the baby maintain its body temp without any heat ? My basking temps during the day are between 78 - 83 degrees F. At night it’s between 73 - 76 degrees F.

So how will the baby maintain its body temp without any heat ? My basking temps during the day are between 78 - 83 degrees F. At night it’s between 73 - 76 degrees F.
The lighting from the UVB will provide some heat and I would imaging your house is at least 70 during the day. They can digest with that temp. Hotter is not better especially not for babies. At night it should drop down to 65 not remain as warm as you have it. They need the cool down.

If you can post pics that would be helpful. Then other members can help you so he lives a long healthy life. @MissSkittles and @AmandaS have both raised babies and could provide a lot of advice.

I don’t have a cage small enough for the little guy. It’s as small as my finger nail and the cage i have under construction is what it’s in along with a pet carrier that has vents around the lid. I have put more twigs and leaves in the carrier to allow the baby to move around.

Does the cage have any other chameleons in it?
No other chameleons are in there. All my chameleons have their own separate cages. I have 8 cages. 6 of them are being used, 1 cage has the baby in it, and the other one hasn’t been put together yet.

In the thread "Looking for Chameleons"...you said..."i have 1 from Kammerflage Kreations, 3 from Framschams, an 2 from exotic petshops near my area and they are the most boujie pets i’ve ever had"...is this where you ended up getting them from?

So you have all them in their own cages except for the one in the petpal?? And I assume she/he's in the pet pal in her/his own cage?

IMHO you should have kept them separate from each other completely former first month they were with you in case they had a transmissible illness. Too late for that now.

In the thread "Looking for Chameleons"...you said..."i have 1 from Kammerflage Kreations, 3 from Framschams, an 2 from exotic petshops near my area and they are the most boujie pets i’ve ever had"...is this where you ended up getting them from?

So you have all them in their own cages except for the one in the petpal?? And I assume she/he's in the pet pal in her/his own cage?
All of my chams have their own cage setup. the baby unknown is in its one cage and pet carrier, so once it gets bigger then the cage it’s will be his/hers
IMHO you should have kept them separate from each other completely former first month they were with you in case they had a transmissible illness. Too late for that now.
Well it’s too late and according the their vet they are all healthy.

Good that they are all healthy.

You still need to provide proper UVB for the one in the petpal. How old are the rest of your chameleons?

Back
Top Bottom