5 or 6 months?

chamnoodle

Hello! I got my chameleon on November 11th 2020, and was told he was 2-4 months old but someone told me he looked 4-5 months or so and since its January and I want to be sure since 6 months is about the time you start acclimating to an adult feeding schedule, how old does he look? 2 of these pictures were from a few days ago and he is currently shedding now. Thanks! (also in one picture I am aware there are some tiny black spots on his head, in which those have been taken care of and are gone now :) )

Attachments

• IMG-2430 (1).jpg
    IMG-2430 (1).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG-2868.JPG
    IMG-2868.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG-2895.JPG
    IMG-2895.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 82
How much does he weigh now? Looks to be right around the 6 month or so mark. what are your plans for cutting back feeders?
We would be totally guessing on age. They have different growth rates based on how much they were fed and genetics.

I am not sure how to weigh him
You would use a kitchen gram scale... Get either a stand or something he can rest on zero the scale out before you put him on it.

Based on his size I would say your right at the 6-7 month range but again this is totally dependent on their genetics.
What are you plans for reducing feeders? What has he been getting?

You would use a kitchen gram scale... Get either a stand or something he can rest on zero the scale out before you put him on it.

Based on his size I would say your right at the 6-7 month range but again this is totally dependent on their genetics.
What are you plans for reducing feeders? What has he been getting?
I am planning on starting to do a monday, wednesday, friday feeding schedule once he is done shedding which he just about finished today, and do 5 food items. I usually feed him crickets and superworms and I have fed him hornworms before. I may get dubias and see how he likes those.

I am planning on starting to do a monday, wednesday, friday feeding schedule once he is done shedding which he just about finished today, and do 5 food items. I usually feed him crickets and superworms and I have fed him hornworms before. I may get dubias and see how he likes those.
You can try that. I do not go to 3 days a week until they are passed the 1 year mark. I go to every other day instead. Then at 10-12 months your going to kick down to 3 every other day.

You can try that. I do not go to 3 days a week until they are passed the 1 year mark. I go to every other day instead. Then at 10-12 months your going to kick down to 3 every other day.
Ok! so sunday, tuesday, thursday, saturday, then monday, wednesday, friday, and back to sunday and kinda repeat the pattern? Also, are silkworms a good varied diet food? if so where could I find them? I cant seem to find any near me.

Ok! so sunday, tuesday, thursday, saturday, then monday, wednesday, friday, and back to sunday and kinda repeat the pattern? Also, are silkworms a good varied diet food? if so where could I find them? I cant seem to find any near me.
Yep exactly.
They are wonderful when you can get them. Morifeeders.com sells them. Most places have been out. But they are a feeder you typically have to order. :)

Back
Top Bottom