5 months old maybe sick

Bath ??
Bath ??

So 16 x 16 x 20 is what the baby is in ? Glass/screen combo ??
Bath ??

just let her have some time in warm water, wife was with her the whole time. She is still at bottom of cage, it is clean but she is cold. cage is all screen 16 X 6 X 30

Attachments

• 006A4303-F4F9-44E7-AD59-0215F04D7D97.jpeg
    006A4303-F4F9-44E7-AD59-0215F04D7D97.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 4CD8221C-0006-4A69-B338-53CE6A2AC196.jpeg
    4CD8221C-0006-4A69-B338-53CE6A2AC196.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 84
just let her have some time in warm water, wife was with her the whole time. She is still at bottom of cage, it is clean but she is cold. cage is all screen 16 X 6 X 30 in small town Pahrump Nevada. 65 miles from Las Vegas. no good pet store or reptile vet.

just let her have some time in warm water, wife was with her the whole time. She is still at bottom of cage, it is clean but she is cold. cage is all screen 16 X 6 X 30

@jannb , @Brodybreaux25 , @Beman , @GoodKarma19 is anyone here ??

Ok she is not well . She needs a good vet (exotic ) . Remove the bowl what are her temps ? You need to new lights ASAP . She need a lay bun . I’m hoping other can chime in . I’m heading to work .

@jannb , @Brodybreaux25 , @Beman , @GoodKarma19 is anyone here ??

Ok she is not well . She needs a good vet (exotic ) . Remove the bowl what are her temps ? You need to new lights ASAP . She need a lay bun . I’m hoping other can chime in . I’m heading to work .
I am sorry hun. With everything I just went through I have not been getting into the emotionally hard threads...

thanks again. I'll do what i can..

I know she feels cold and she may be . We do not want to give baths . It’s not natural for them . They live high in trees and they are pray for most . She will be terrified even if she seems not to be even with her best colors on .

thanks again. I'll do what i can..
Hi there. No more warm baths being submerged in water is not good for them. She does not look good at all. There are quite a few things that have to be corrected in her husbandry but honestly she needs a Reptile Vet. I have little experience with sick babies but I do have experience with what the proper husbandry is. Hopefully someone more skilled in rehabilitation can chime in.

This is the info you provided... I am going to red bold the items that are incorrect. But at this point I do not know that this will be of assistance. I am very concerned with her laying on the ground like that. It is not a normal thing for them to do. :(

Female, vail chameleon, we’ve had her for 4 months and was about 1 month old when we got her.
Handling three or four times, not much.
FEEDING 4 little meal worms once a day and occasional crickets. Not adequate for a chameleon or baby. She should get crickets but they have to be properly gutloaded which means they have to be fed the correct things to then pass those nutrients on to your cham. Mealworms should never be fed they are high in chitin which makes them harder to digest and they have hardly any nutrients. She should be getting at least 9-12 crickets each day at her current age.
Gut-loading? I will post an image for this. There are fresh vegis you can do but you have to do a mixture of a bunch of them fed to your feeders every day and the old cleaned out every day. There are also commercial gutloads that you can pre make on that list. I use bug burger.
SUPPLEMENTS NON. This is very important. She needs repashy calcium plus LoD lightly dusted on all feeders every feeding.
WATERING bottled water in dripped, mist during daytime. Have not watched her drink, has not eaten today. She should have a constant dripping of water on plants during the day and she should have her cage misted multiple times a day for 2 minutes to encourage drinking and eye cleaning.
FECAL have not watched no testing. Should be tested by a vet should she make it.
Cage type screen 30 by 17 Will not be large enough for her as an adult and will not accommodate a permanent lay bin. They lay infertile eggs like chickens.
LIGHTING UV morning till 9:39 PM. RED in morning 3 hours then UV. Incorrect lighting. You need a T5HO Fixture with a 5.o zoomed UVB bulb. Without this type of lighting they develop MBD and their bones become brittle to the point they are unable to move or function. Along with a incandescent regular household bulb for heat. No colored bulbs ever. She has to have 12 hours of lighting and 12 hours total darkness.
TEMP:76.6 digital no basking spot on floor. 76.6 is too cold for basking temp. Basking temp is the highest spot they can reach in the cage. Should be about 7-8 inches with the T5HO UVB lighting. This temp should be 85 to aid in proper digestion and bodily function.
HUMIDITY Automatic at medium What does this mean? Humidity should be 30-50% during the day with up to 100% levels at night when no lights are on.
PLANTS: artificial with limbs. Floor has a bowl (now cleaned of water surrounded with brown material comes in a block purchase from Store with everything else by original owner. We acquired her after one month. Pull any substrate from cage. this is dangerous as she can eat it and get impacted. bowl should not be in there. THey harbor bacteria and is a drowning risk.
PLACEMENT: bedroom 4 feet from door ( very private mostly all day, TV next to cage on usually 6:00-9:30PM. Small Aera max air purifier (cool air) in room, not pointing at the cage. PLACEMENT: 18” off floor 48” to top of cage. A/C vent is 7 feet from cage but aimed at cage. Move away from TV. She needs darkness while they can not hear they do feel vibrations.
Hope this helps
Many thanks

This situation is not good. She really needs Vet attention asap. I am sorry but there is a lot that is not correct. There could be sooooo many things here. The lack of supplementation and lighting leading to MBD. The red light is really hard on them. Not having proper temps to digest. Possible impaction from both the substrate or the meal worms. Like there are just too many possibilities to pinpoint one.
Read through all of this. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Attachments

• chameleon-food(1).jpg
    chameleon-food(1).jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 67
  • chameleon-gutload.jpg
    chameleon-gutload.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 55
Hi there. No more warm baths being submerged in water is not good for them. She does not look good at all. There are quite a few things that have to be corrected in her husbandry but honestly she needs a Reptile Vet. I have little experience with sick babies but I do have experience with what the proper husbandry is. Hopefully someone more skilled in rehabilitation can chime in.

This is the info you provided... I am going to red bold the items that are incorrect. But at this point I do not know that this will be of assistance. I am very concerned with her laying on the ground like that. It is not a normal thing for them to do. :(

Female, vail chameleon, we’ve had her for 4 months and was about 1 month old when we got her.
Handling three or four times, not much.
FEEDING 4 little meal worms once a day and occasional crickets. Not adequate for a chameleon or baby. She should get crickets but they have to be properly gutloaded which means they have to be fed the correct things to then pass those nutrients on to your cham. Mealworms should never be fed they are high in chitin which makes them harder to digest and they have hardly any nutrients. She should be getting at least 9-12 crickets each day at her current age.
Gut-loading? I will post an image for this. There are fresh vegis you can do but you have to do a mixture of a bunch of them fed to your feeders every day and the old cleaned out every day. There are also commercial gutloads that you can pre make on that list. I use bug burger.
SUPPLEMENTS NON. This is very important. She needs repashy calcium plus LoD lightly dusted on all feeders every feeding.
WATERING bottled water in dripped, mist during daytime. Have not watched her drink, has not eaten today. She should have a constant dripping of water on plants during the day and she should have her cage misted multiple times a day for 2 minutes to encourage drinking and eye cleaning.
FECAL have not watched no testing. Should be tested by a vet should she make it.
Cage type screen 30 by 17 Will not be large enough for her as an adult and will not accommodate a permanent lay bin. They lay infertile eggs like chickens.
LIGHTING UV morning till 9:39 PM. RED in morning 3 hours then UV. Incorrect lighting. You need a T5HO Fixture with a 5.o zoomed UVB bulb. Without this type of lighting they develop MBD and their bones become brittle to the point they are unable to move or function. Along with a incandescent regular household bulb for heat. No colored bulbs ever. She has to have 12 hours of lighting and 12 hours total darkness.
TEMP:76.6 digital no basking spot on floor. 76.6 is too cold for basking temp. Basking temp is the highest spot they can reach in the cage. Should be about 7-8 inches with the T5HO UVB lighting. This temp should be 85 to aid in proper digestion and bodily function.
HUMIDITY Automatic at medium What does this mean? Humidity should be 30-50% during the day with up to 100% levels at night when no lights are on.
PLANTS: artificial with limbs. Floor has a bowl (now cleaned of water surrounded with brown material comes in a block purchase from Store with everything else by original owner. We acquired her after one month. Pull any substrate from cage. this is dangerous as she can eat it and get impacted. bowl should not be in there. THey harbor bacteria and is a drowning risk.
PLACEMENT: bedroom 4 feet from door ( very private mostly all day, TV next to cage on usually 6:00-9:30PM. Small Aera max air purifier (cool air) in room, not pointing at the cage. PLACEMENT: 18” off floor 48” to top of cage. A/C vent is 7 feet from cage but aimed at cage. Move away from TV. She needs darkness while they can not hear they do feel vibrations.
Hope this helps
Many thanks

This situation is not good. She really needs Vet attention asap. I am sorry but there is a lot that is not correct. There could be sooooo many things here. The lack of supplementation and lighting leading to MBD. The red light is really hard on them. Not having proper temps to digest. Possible impaction from both the substrate or the meal worms. Like there are just too many possibilities to pinpoint one.
Read through all of this. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Thank you Becca . The care sheet was posted last night along with The images . I do believe the red light was taken out last night .

@Gal you can order feeders . We have good providers here or you can order from a variety of places on line.

The most important is to find an exotic vet in your area . I know this may be overwhelming but your husbandry need to be 100% your girls life depends on it .

@Gal Ok is she moving around or able to climb at all? If not can you take and lay the cage on its side. remove the dripper. You will be spraying around her. Then with the cage on its side you will put the light fixture with the heat bulb and the screw in UVB bulb on what is now the top of the cage. This way the heat should reach her. Remember no more then 85 degrees where she is laying below the light. IF she is only laying on the bottom she is not able to warm up because the lights are so high.

Back
Top Bottom