5 Month Old Veiled Cham Acting Weird...

She also hasn't been hissing at me like she usually does and is only changing colors when reached for. She ate one superworm earlier and wouldn't touch anything else. Here are some shots of her that I just took.View attachment 41588View attachment 41589View attachment 41590

looks a lil dry..most of the time females are real picky about the moistness of the digging medium..

heres a vid i just made for you too help out lord helmet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxFYmAkg8vg

p.s. i have lots more on there to you might find helpfull or not..lol

Thanks for the video link! I'm about to check it out right now... My problem is that I don't know if she really is pregnant. If she isn't then I just don't know what do.

I know I have a girl now (finally ha ha) but I just don't know if she's acting this way because she's ready to lay eggs or if she's sick. She still has a strong grip with her feet and tail and she is still changing colors... But she seems weak or just really tired when she's climbing and she isn't eating or drinking. I would take her to a herpetologist... But the only one in the city I live in was the reason my last Chameleon died. So I won't be going back to him ha ha.

Is the diameter on the plant pot a bit small? She's a funny one. Her color doesn't scream "gravid" but she sure looks like she's carrying eggs.

It might be sort of small... I have another bucket I can put her in that is much larger. I am just using washed play sand with no dirt (which I've read is fine) and I will moisten it up and let her chill in it for a day. I just don't want to try and make her lay eggs if that's not the issue ha ha. These little guys are tricky!

It might be sort of small... I have another bucket I can put her in that is much larger. I am just using washed play sand with no dirt (which I've read is fine) and I will moisten it up and let her chill in it for a day. I just don't want to try and make her lay eggs if that's not the issue ha ha. These little guys are tricky!

just leave it in her cage for now..i waited awhile for my female to lay her first time, now shes like clockwork ..you will actually start to see lil buldges, or just the fact her size has incresed(you can usually totally tell when a female is gravid)..but in theenditsall up to when they feel ready to dig..

and yes..i use all play sand..it works great, its clean, and easy to clean off of them when they are done digging.

Thank you for responding. Do all of her symptoms seem like she's ready to lay eggs? I mean is what she's doing normal ha ha?

Well it's been days and she isn't interested in the sand at all that I put her in. I used a larger bucket like in the video and she just sat in it all pissed off and patterned out. She still isn't eating or drinking, she sits at the bottom of her cage and doesn't move much. She doesn't sleep all night like she use to and I don't know what to do. She is freaking me out and I don't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom