5 month old panther feeding

dboddy31

Hello, I have had my panther just over a month. He is roughly 5 months old. He has never been a big eater. He currently only eats 2-3 large crickets a day. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. I have tried silk worms and superworms for a treat and he has zero interest in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He currently weighs 0.95 ounces.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_1538.JPG.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 185
Large crickets? I would go for small maybe medium. He is probably to full to eat anything else. The feeder size should be about the width of the top of the head

I would say these crickets are about as wide as the head on him
Have you tried small dubia roaches?
I have also found that my cham will not eat superworms unless I put them on the side of the screen. I will put them and roaches in his feeding cup for when I am at school and he will eat all the roaches but not the supers. As soon as I put them on the screen he devours them.

I have tried superworms on the screen. He won't do it. I live in Michigan and I don't kno where to get roaches. None of the per stores around me have them. He seems really healthy. Just concerns me he doesn't eat much. I read other people's chams eat a lot of them.

I have tried superworms on the screen. He won't do it. I live in Michigan and I don't kno where to get roaches. None of the per stores around me have them. He seems really healthy. Just concerns me he doesn't eat much. I read other people's chams eat a lot of them.
To give you peace of mind you can go to a reptile vet with cham experience and have a fecal done. My cham wouldnt eat and it ended up he had coccidia, which causes anorexia and stunted growth. You can order roaches and other feeders online by the way(y)

Hello, I have had my panther just over a month. He is roughly 5 months old. He has never been a big eater. He currently only eats 2-3 large crickets a day. That doesn't seem like a lot to me. I have tried silk worms and superworms for a treat and he has zero interest in them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. He currently weighs 0.95 ounces.

Also, what are your night time temps? I think the temp drop at night gets overlooked sometimes. They need a pretty good drop at night to help with their digestion and metabolism. A 10 degree or more drop is good for them. If you are putting any heat on him it may be contributing to his low appetite.

Ok. I do run a ceramic Heater light at night. Should I just turn it off. If I turn it off I would say his cage could get as low as 68 ish

Take the heater out. He doesn't need it, his cage is plenty warm for night temps. They can go as low as 50-55 degrees.

I used to run a night time heater and our Cham is doing a lot better since I took it out. His appetite has increased and he just looks healthier.

Yep, he is a Veiled so he sleeps in his green pajamas and then changes into his darks as he warms up in the morning. As the morning progresses he wear
s greens and beige (with some yellow mixed in!).

Back
Top Bottom