5 month old male veiled Cham ill or unsettled

Laurageorg

Chameleon info
Chameleon: 5 month old veiled male chameleon. Nearly been a week since he came home with me
Handling: there hasn't been much handling with the little guy, I have placed my hand out in front of him and he has put one foot on my hand then took it away. Has been times where i have touched his tail to make sure he isn't too cold and there has been no aggression from him
Feeding: he is being given crickets, locusts and mealworms but I have not seen him eat anything
Supplements: calcium powder
Watering: he has a water fountain on the base of the tank and he gets listed every time he needs it
Fecal description: I have not seen any fecal matter
History: nothing was passed on but he was bought from a private seller and they said he wasn't handfed and wasn't handled much

Cage information
Cage: zoomed medium sized mesh tank
Lighting: zoomed light lamp
Heating: zoomed blue tinted heat lamp
Temp: drops to around 10-15 degrees of a night and averages around 25 degrees during the day
Humidity: water fountain on the base and misted everytime it's needed
Plants: all fake as was told that I didn't have time to plant real plants fornhim
Placement: on top of a unit by the radiator and all drafts have been blocked off

Current problem:
He is not eating, he doesn't come down from where he is in the picture attached to this! He is my first Cham and I am starting to worry about him whether it's something i am doing or whether he came ill, before I stress him out taking him to the vets I just wanted another opinion
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1682.JPG

Hes most likely still trying to get used to the new enclosure. I suggest you read the caresheets here in the resource section. https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/

Is there a branch under the basking bulb for him to bask under and warm up? Does he have a UVB bulb also?

Ditch the water fountain, it will cause more problems and will not benefit the chameleon. Mist 3-4 times per day for a few minutes at a time and get a dripper. Chameleons dont recognize standing water and is most cases need to be stimulated to drink by misting.

From the looks of it he needs more horizontal branches and more leaf coverage for him to feel safe. check out the resource page and the enclosure sub-forum for pics of other members cages for ideas.

Once all his important husbandry needs are met he should feel comfortable enough to explore more.

Also, get rid of the substrate. it is not required and will only make cleaning more difficult and allows feeders to hide.

Back
Top Bottom