5 day old panther not eating!!!

Kibu

He is 5 days old. Just hatched. He has a ventilated cage with a heating lamp. We take him outside for an hour and a half a day for UVB. He is drinking ALOT but he won't eat. And sometimes he sits with his eyes closed periodically and then just gets up and starts running around. And sometimes he just opens his mouth for some reason. I dont know if this is a real problem, or he is just not ready to eat. He seems fat and happy even tho he hasn't eaten. I may be just being overprotective. Oh and reg temps are about 75 degrees and basking temps are about 80-85. Any help at all would be appreciated.

3umy7e7e.jpg

This is what he looks like when hes just sitting there. Is it normal for neonates to take "naps?"

I'm not super experienced... fairly new to the cham world bout a year and a half into it but when i got my first chams they were very young and i read that gasping for air like that is a sign that something may be wrong with the cham. now i'm not trying to get you worked up, just throwing that out since you asked...

Back
Top Bottom