4 Month old MBD?

I have a clamp that I'll add to the dome fixture and take the rack down if I'm keeping that uvb on that rack so it will be the only one up there and things will be a bit cleaner.
Your going to want to keep the heat raised so there is reduced thermal burn risk... Run the UVB parallel to the branch he is on. Have the heat next to it. If you can add the clamp to it you can angle it.

Your going to want to keep the heat raised so there is reduced thermal burn risk... Run the UVB parallel to the branch he is on. Have the heat next to it. If you can add the clamp to it you can angle it.

Alright will do. Is it okay to keep the fake Vines in there until I can aquire all the real plants to put inside for him to have cover ?

Alright will do. Is it okay to keep the fake Vines in there until I can aquire all the real plants to put inside for him to have cover ?
ehhhh lol. So you can watch him like a hawk... But my official over worried cham keeper side says nope. They look like the vines that are made for floral decor not chams. Which means they would be weaker and pull apart easier. Good news is you can hook these to the outside of the cage on the sides and back to help make him feel like he has coverage until you can get live plants.

You did a great job building out the branching though.

ehhhh lol. So you can watch him like a hawk... But my official over worried cham keeper side says nope. They look like the vines that are made for floral decor not chams. Which means they would be weaker and pull apart easier. Good news is you can hook these to the outside of the cage on the sides and back to help make him feel like he has coverage until you can get live plants.

You did a great job building out the branching though.

They are the floral ones , I use them in my crested gecko enclosure, have for a decent while. They are made of fabric and all the research I did on them said that if your animal ever did eat it then it would be less of a risk of impaction than the hard plastic ones but I'll take them out and for the moment put them on the sides while I get the correct plants to put inside.

Thank you I skinned all the bark off and cleaned them , then worked out that mess of branches and zip ties 😂

They are the floral ones , I use them in my crested gecko enclosure, have for a decent while. They are made of fabric and all the research I did on them said that if your animal ever did eat it then it would be less of a risk of impaction than the hard plastic ones but I'll take them out and for the moment put them on the sides while I get the correct plants to put inside.

Thank you I skinned all the bark off and cleaned them , then worked out that mess of branches and zip ties 😂
Yeah so if it were me I would pull them out.
Start reading through all the modules in this husbandry program it will help you https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

I am going to go back through your husbandry form... Just to make sure nothing was overlooked.
I will post as soon as I am done.

@Kaitlyn-Jane
See feedback in red bold. I will repeat a bit here but this will have it all in one place for you to look back on.

Chameleon Information:
( un-named ) - Veild Chameleon , Male , 4 months of age, I really doubt he is 4 months old. Looks more like 6-7
(Un-named) - been in my care for one day.
Handling: unsure how much he was handled by the previous owner but he seems like he enjoys/ tolerates it so I'd say a decent amount.
Feeding: I will be feeding him crickets and meal worms, with a variety of allowed fruits and veggies. ( I provided him with 5 crickets this morning , he ate one and then seemed uninterested with the rest. I will be trying meal worms here soon ) The schedule I was thinking of was going to be 5 crickets or meal worms in the morning around 2pm with a small portion of leafy greens and fruit and then another set of 5 crickets or meal worms around 7 pm with a small portion of veggies. The feeder insects are gut loaded with leafy greens and potatoes also joshes frogs premium cricket cuisine. So 5 feeders each morning right now. For the next month you want him on this. Then you will drop him back to every other day of 5 feeders. Then between 10-12 months take him back down again to 2-3 feeders every other day. Veileds get obese easily so we have to really be careful with how much we feed. Weight checks for gradual gains are better.
No mealworms or feeding him veg or fruit. Save that for your gutload.

Supplements: ( Again unsure what was used for the first 4 months of his life ) but I will be using Repti-calcium ( with D3 ) from Zoomed and the Repti-Calcium ( Without D3 ) from Zoomed now for the multivitamin I have two options and I'm unsure of which to use , I think the Herptivite may be better. I have the Rep-Cal Herptivite and the Exo-Terra Multi Vitamin. The schedule is to dust regularly with the Repti-Calcium ( without D3 ). Using the multivitamin and the Calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks. Get reptivite with D3. This is your multivitamin with D3 but it also has preformed A. This is 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then all other feedings the calcium without D3.
Watering: I have a pump sprayer ( like what you use when you go out to kill weeds , except the only thing in there is water. I spray down his whole enclosure for about 3 minutes 3 times a day he also has a big dripper going on the whole day. I've only had him for a day and so far I have not seen him drink but I also have not been staring at him all day. Spray morning and evening when temps in the cage are cooler... Not mid day. dripper is good.
Fecal Description: He hasn't pooped yet ( only had him for a day though ) I'm unsure if he was ever tested for parasites.
History: I don't have much of his back ground other than what I could get from the previous owner I know he hasn't had a lot of room and was supplemented incorrectly. Also for 4 months he had no UVB light ( so basically his whole life.

Cage Information:
Cage type: It is the XL Reptibreeze cage. Screen on all sides, dimensions are 48 x 24 x 24. good.
Lighting: I am using a UVB lighting the reptisun t5 10.0 and for a basking spot I'm using the 75 watt basking bulb from Thrive. My daily lighting scheduled, it turns on at Noon and turns off at Midnight. We covered UVB... But your schedule really should mimic normal daylight hours. Otherwise it is going to throw him off having the room get lighter but his lights not turning on. They need 12 hours light 12 hours total darkness.
Temperature: The highest temp is 96°F at the top of the enclosure 73°F at the bottom of the enclosure. The lowest night time temperature was 67°F. I measured all of these with a digital thermometer. Temp at basking is way too hot. Max 80-82. Drop wattage on bulb to a 60.
Humidity: 60% , I mist the cage 3 times and the dripper is going on all the time. I use a non digital thermometer that also measures humidity Humidity is a bit high... Your looking for a 30-50% max daytime range. Up to 100% when there are no lights on and temps drop below 65
Plants: Currently I don't have any live plants but I will be adding some in a couple weeks. The ones I plan on adding are : Pothos , a yucca , a corn plant and if it fits a rubber tree. you want the ones from this list that say Veiled tested. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf Put 1 inch or larger stones on top of the soil so he does not try to eat the soil.
Placement: The enclosure is in my bedroom in the far left corner it is not a high traffic area as I'm only in my bedroom to check / handle and feed the reptiles and then to sleep. It is not near any fans or venta but it is next to my sliding doors that lead to my balcony. I have the enclosure standing on my side table so it is taller than me and I am 5'4.

Links to help with husbandry. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Cage set up on a 2x2x4 https://chameleonacademy.com/case-study-2-x-2-x-4-cage/

species specific info https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

Feeder runs I like....
The large size https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery
This in the 3 inch size https://www.fullthrottlefeeders.com/

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

@Kaitlyn-Jane
See feedback in red bold. I will repeat a bit here but this will have it all in one place for you to look back on.

Chameleon Information:
( un-named ) - Veild Chameleon , Male , 4 months of age, I really doubt he is 4 months old. Looks more like 6-7
Handling: unsure how much he was handled by the previous owner but he seems like he enjoys/ tolerates it so I'd say a decent amount.
Feeding: I will be feeding him crickets and meal worms, with a variety of allowed fruits and veggies. ( I provided him with 5 crickets this morning , he ate one and then seemed uninterested with the rest. I will be trying meal worms here soon ) The schedule I was thinking of was going to be 5 crickets or meal worms in the morning around 2pm with a small portion of leafy greens and fruit and then another set of 5 crickets or meal worms around 7 pm with a small portion of veggies. The feeder insects are gut loaded with leafy greens and potatoes also joshes frogs premium cricket cuisine. So 5 feeders each morning right now. For the next month you want him on this. Then you will drop him back to every other day of 5 feeders. Then between 10-12 months take him back down again to 2-3 feeders every other day. Veileds get obese easily so we have to really be careful with how much we feed. Weight checks for gradual gains are better.

Supplements: ( Again unsure what was used for the first 4 months of his life ) but I will be using Repti-calcium ( with D3 ) from Zoomed and the Repti-Calcium ( Without D3 ) from Zoomed now for the multivitamin I have two options and I'm unsure of which to use , I think the Herptivite may be better. I have the Rep-Cal Herptivite and the Exo-Terra Multi Vitamin. The schedule is to dust regularly with the Repti-Calcium ( without D3 ). Using the multivitamin and the Calcium with D3 once every 2 weeks. Get reptivite with D3. This is your multivitamin with D3 but it also has preformed A. This is 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then all other feedings the calcium without D3.
Watering: I have a pump sprayer ( like what you use when you go out to kill weeds , except the only thing in there is water. I spray down his whole enclosure for about 3 minutes 3 times a day he also has a big dripper going on the whole day. I've only had him for a day and so far I have not seen him drink but I also have not been staring at him all day. Spray morning and evening when temps in the cage are cooler... Not mid day. dripper is good.
Fecal Description: He hasn't pooped yet ( only had him for a day though ) I'm unsure if he was ever tested for parasites.
History: I don't have much of his back ground other than what I could get from the previous owner I know he hasn't had a lot of room and was supplemented incorrectly. Also for 4 months he had no UVB light ( so basically his whole life.

Cage Information:
Cage type: It is the XL Reptibreeze cage. Screen on all sides, dimensions are 48 x 24 x 24. good.
Lighting: I am using a UVB lighting the reptisun t5 10.0 and for a basking spot I'm using the 75 watt basking bulb from Thrive. My daily lighting scheduled, it turns on at Noon and turns off at Midnight. We covered UVB... But your schedule really should mimic normal daylight hours. Otherwise it is going to throw him off having the room get lighter but his lights not turning on. They need 12 hours light 12 hours total darkness.
Temperature: The highest temp is 96°F at the top of the enclosure 73°F at the bottom of the enclosure. The lowest night time temperature was 67°F. I measured all of these with a digital thermometer. Temp at basking is way too hot. Max 80-82. Drop wattage on bulb to a 60.
Humidity: 60% , I mist the cage 3 times and the dripper is going on all the time. I use a non digital thermometer that also measures humidity Humidity is a bit high... Your looking for a 30-50% max daytime range. Up to 100% when there are no lights on and temps drop below 65
Plants: Currently I don't have any live plants but I will be adding some in a couple weeks. The ones I plan on adding are : Pothos , a yucca , a corn plant and if it fits a rubber tree. you want the ones from this list that say Veiled tested. https://chameleonacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Chameleon-Plants-122819.pdf Put 1 inch or larger stones on top of the soil so he does not try to eat the soil.
Placement: The enclosure is in my bedroom in the far left corner it is not a high traffic area as I'm only in my bedroom to check / handle and feed the reptiles and then to sleep. It is not near any fans or venta but it is next to my sliding doors that lead to my balcony. I have the enclosure standing on my side table so it is taller than me and I am 5'4.

Links to help with husbandry. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Feeder runs I like....
The large size https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery

View attachment 287960View attachment 287961

Alright thank you for all the information I'll be making those changes.

@Kaitlyn-Jane

Chameleon Information:

Cage Information:

Feeder runs I like....

View attachment 287960View attachment 287961
Sorry, forgot to cover the feeding insects only part!

Back
Top Bottom