36x24x36 DIY Build

Well also keep in mind this is a totally new cage for him. If your at 9 inches in a dual your levels at 9 inches should be much lower then mine at 9 inches with a single. I would not lower it at all because you will lose even more UVI level. According to the chameleon academy a dual with a 6% would be 5 inches getting a 3UVI. No way to know exacts without a solarmeter 6.5 as your numbers will be dependent on your set up. And even the type of screen can impact this.

Is this fixture new to him as well?
I've had this fixture for a couple months probably.

The top screen is made of aluminum.

Yeah, really wish I had a solarmeter

I've had this fixture for a couple months probably.

The top screen is made of aluminum.

Yeah, really wish I had a solarmeter
Might consider investing in one... I know they are expensive... But the peace of mind they bring is unmatched. It saved me because I had a UVB bulb not working properly but it was still lighting up... I never would have known had I not checked my bulbs weekly. Also I am able to get much more time out of my UVB bulbs because I know exactly when their output is in the levels I want at basking. I had my last one for 15 months before I replaced it.

The hard part about UVB is different screens block different amounts. With UVB it is a tightrope your walking because you can say ok it is for this fixture and this bulb type it should be this distance. The truth is more plays into it. It is the fixture type, reflector type, How many bulbs, what type of screen. So unless you can mimic someone else's everything your just getting approximates.

Back
Top Bottom