35 dollar outdoor enclosure

ohiocham

I will post pics tomarrow I promise. I just finished a really cheap out door enclosure for my veiled. I had a huge walk in aviary last year and it just took up way to much space.

The new one is 28 by 28 and 60 inches tall with a mature umbrella plant in it. I put in some vines and branches and installed a auto mister off the spigot. I know he will love it and he gets his outdoor condo tomarrow. It was just to dark to get him into it and he decided to fall asleep on me.

Check it out tomarrow

Matt

Attachments

• cage i.jpg
    cage i.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 241
  • cage2.jpg
    cage2.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 184
  • water.jpg
    water.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 199
  • jabba.jpg
    jabba.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Sweet, you have a materials list? Def a cool little setup, also the misting system... need details hah..... only thing I see that I would change is the clear hose from the mister, I thought black is better due to algae growth through the hose cause of the light, I could be wrong...

Thats a good idea on the black tubing.....I will have to investigate.

The mister is a 3/4" sprinkler valve wired to a timer...I got those on clearance at Home depot. I had to jumper wire it so the single valve could run all the zones as the timer would normally be wired by 5 to 6 valves. It was real easy and only took 15 min or so to to the wiring. The material was 1 in pvc....some elbows and a few tees. I did NOT glue any of the joints....only because that cement fumes for a while....but with a few pilot holes and some stainless screws...you are all set. I used available garden screening that I had left over on the indoor set up (PIC), and needed one more piece and guess what .....its not available anymore. So I had to get something else...that is why the door is different. I used zip ties to attach the screening....a pack of 100 was 10 bucks at lowes...used them up and found the samething at a hardware store for 6 bucks. I did discover that they make a safty zip...it feeds in like a belt so there are no sharp edges when zipped and trimmed.
I made a stop block to hinder the door from swinging in and put a rather crude swing down lock on it.
I lock the door with 2 bungee deals that you see to hold a tarp roof on a tent.

I wanted something that was cheap (his indoor setup cost a fortune) and something that was KD...(knock down) for easy storage.

Mister head is from a double from mist king....and its great...no pumping. Jabba gets some of the best water around these parts.

If you want I could put together a material list and a measured drawing if interested.

Thanks,

Matt

I just used my japenese pull saw to cut....worked great....I have been known to use my power miter saw....but didnt feel like setting it up. The cutters work great...but on the 1 inch pipe it wanted to crush it rather than cut it.

Matt

when you cut pvc larger than 3/4 it helps to spin it as you cut to avoid crushing, just a little tip. lol

Back
Top Bottom