32 Eggs Laid

Jordan S

My female chameleon Scarlet has laid her first clutch that I hope is fertile. Do I incubate them in containers or should I use a actual incubator?
image.jpg

Nice bunch of eggs. Congrats. I know enough to get me in trouble so I'll let some skilled breeders on here answer your question. Congrats though and good luck.

Either way works, as long as you can keep them in a stable environment inside the temp range then your ok. The Chinese made incubators on the market are not very good and you'll need to keep a close eye on temps if you use one. I've had a one fail in less than a year and have read about others with same issue. Panther chameleon incubation temps line up nicely with a comfortable indoor temp so if you have a stable area you can use within that range it can work well and save you $$.

Either way works, as long as you can keep them in a stable environment inside the temp range then your ok. The Chinese made incubators on the market are not very good and you'll need to keep a close eye on temps if you use one. I've had a one fail in less than a year and have read about others with same issue. Panther chameleon incubation temps line up nicely with a comfortable indoor temp so if you have a stable area you can use within that range it can work well and save you $$.
So would something as simple as this work? It's a 40 Watt bulb that has tempuratures of about 80 F. Was using it to incubate hornworm pupae but if it would work for the eggs I will use it for that instead.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 190
Search feature will get you a long ways, plenty of threads and blogs on this forum addressing the topic, in short that will not work. You will be using a sealed container to hold moisture and a moist incubation medium to keep the eggs in. I use small sterilite containers and moist vermiculite as a medium. Temps need to be high 60s - low 70s.

Search feature will get you a long ways, plenty of threads and blogs on this forum addressing the topic, in short that will not work. You will be using a sealed container to hold moisture and a moist incubation medium to keep the eggs in. I use small sterilite containers and moist vermiculite as a medium. Temps need to be high 60s - low 70s.
Alright so I just a container to hold humidity and vermiculite. Alright got it, the closet in my room should be at that tempurature range. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom