3 year old male veiled lumps on body and tail

He weighs 260g and has been that weight for nearly an entire year. The bumps seem to be spreading around the tail area.

260G is a strong veiled male size,lets wait till more blood work being done ,then hopefully the result will be allow u not to worry and grow old with him together:)

I really hope you find out for sure what's going on. If it is calcinosis cutis, it might make sense why his muscles are weak since they need calcium to function properly. If something is causing it to deposit elsewhere, they're going to be starved for it.

I found a paper that discusses it a bit, and chameleons are mentioned. Here's a link if the file doesn't upload correctly: https://www.academia.edu/4002794/Mineralized_Skin_Lesions_in_Lizards

Attachments

• Mineralized_Skin_Lesions_in_Lizards.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 182
That report doesnt sound the same. His bumps are not cuts and they have no scale damage or discolouration. The white stuff that came from one of the bumps was not a white liquid but a hard white object that could be squashed into a powder. One of the bumps just had some clear fluid as well.

I went to put some medication on the two bumps that the vet poked yesterday and noticed that some of the bumps are gone/smaller. There are a few ones gone from the bottom poke hole. Im not sure what this means.

the medication was just to help heal the wounds from the needle and I didnt put it on before tonight... its almost as if having one drained helped.

So did the vet do any test for those stuff came out inside those holes,it might temporarily drain it out,but what is causing to forming those bumps might be still inside of the cham.

The vet is testing it yes, I will call again tomorrow for more details. I noticed today his poop was really foul smelling and runny. I have been feeding him hornworms so the runnyness makes sense but the smell was brutal.

After the biopsy of the lumps of Eugenes tail they (my vet and the exotic expert he spoke with) both suspect it might be gout. I am going to have him go in for bloodwork on Wednesday. Is there anything I should mention? He told me not to supplement with anything for the time being.

After the biopsy of the lumps of Eugenes tail they (my vet and the exotic expert he spoke with) both suspect it might be gout. I am going to have him go in for bloodwork on Wednesday. Is there anything I should mention? He told me not to supplement with anything for the time being.

Probably a good idea not to add supplements until they take blood. I would however use your normal insect gutload for his feeders so the bloodwork shows baseline values.

ive been feeding him horns, silks and superworms because he is not able to move very much I worry that this might affect the bloodwork as well. they said there was 5 things they will be testing for. I am going in on wednesday to have it done. Poor little guy has to go back for the 3rd time and now hes gonna need blood drawn. I hope whatever he does have gets figured out soon so I can help him and stop dragging him off to the vets. Are plain superworms okay for the time being? He seems to gobble them up but I know they are more like treats than a staple.

Not plain superworm,but well gutloaded one ....unless u can feed some silkworms,much juicy n better nutrition,if i were u I will buy him some get will soon broom n tie around his cage:)
th.jpeg

Meant to type "get well soon n balloons":)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your support, I will get him some silks. I managed to get the vet appointment today for 3:00 so I dont have to wait as long.

I think the guy who makes Cricket Crack also makes a good gutloading/bedding mix for supers. I've been thinking about giving it a shot, though I'm not sure how effective it is. I might be wrong, but I assume most insects fed nutritious food through their life would pass that on to whatever eats them. Most people just throw supers on bran or oats and call it a day.

http://www.tikitikireptiles.com/supplies.php?id=48

The blood was taken pretty easily with no complications and he is home now and safe and sound I also got a fresh fecal right before the appointment to bring in and check out. He is still eating well and moving around a bit. His urate was chalk white so he doesnt seem to be dehydrated. I'm going to try to leave him be for a bit so he has time to relax, poor guy has been through a lot this last two weeks and I dont want to stress him further. Vet said the results should come no later than Thursday for the blood.

Back
Top Bottom