3 semesters of work. Lost.

squeekz1992

I lost my turtle flash drive about 2 weeks ago, and was freaking out about it. Well some Good Samaritan turned it in to the computer help desk who subsequently emailed me and said they had found Crush! (Yes, I named him after the turtle in Nemo.) We set up a date for me to come pick it up, which was today because I had class. Well I get there and the guy asks how he can help me. I said "I'm here to pick up my flash drive, my name is Courtney" and the dude turns white like he saw a ghost. And says "Oh...well...I have bad news...I forgot to put the date on the envelope with your drive and well.. I deleted the whole drive because I thought it had been here a while. Its a clean drive." And handed it to me!!! 3 semesters of HARD work!! GONE!! And all they said is "My bad."

I was proud of myself bc I didn't rip him a new one or cuss or be disrespectful in any way. (Not that I am that kind girl) fumes had to be coming out of my ears though. They deleted ALL of my Anatomy and physiology notes! All of them! And a couple other classes, and a few scholarships!

This day has just been awful... my microcomputers teacher bit my head off for missing class last week even though I emailed her and have a drs excuse. I missed an exam but apparently a quiz too. Who has a quiz on an exam day?? Its just completely ridiculous. So I said I would take the quiz next week with the 2 quizzes that are already scheduled for next week and she goes "You will not! You are not taking the exam in my class time! You missed it so you have to make it up on your own time!" And I said that that wasn't what I said and she goes "Oh I thought you said you would take both the quiz and exam in class next week." She didn't even listen to a word I said . Not once did "exam" pass my lips.

And on top of that there is crap going on with Jared and its stressing me out so much! And I'm really missing my papa and gram right now (19 days till the anniversary of grams death and papas anniversary was 4 months ago on the same day)

So right now it isn't taking much to make me cry. But today even the kids at work couldn't make me feel better. Nothing could. Not music or art or anything and I just feel awful...

If you read all the way through this... thank you and I'm sorry it was so long I just had to get it off my chest...and that isn't even all of it. Maybe its the lack if sunshine that's making me feel blue.. Idk..:(

Oh Courtney.......chin up honey :) You have only two choices on this one....laugh or cry.....
I'll leave it up to you. It always seems to happen at once, but you got to remember what you have to be happy for........

Thanks David:) it's a little bit of both right now cuz like everything is happening and I worry about stuff all the time and my "best friend" doesn't even talk to me unless she wants me to babysit or buy something..and its lonely. Like except for on here and except for Jared, the only time people talk to me is if its beneficial to them.. I feel all used up and lonely :(:(

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling horrible :( :( kudos to you for not ripping that persons head off because i certainly would have!!!! i cant believe they deleted your flash drive, how dare they....
as for the upcoming anniversary of your gram, i'm terribly sorry and if you ever need anyone to talk to or just vent about day to day bs you can PM me anytime.. its so hard losing the ones we love and no matter how long goes by, it still rips you up inside :(
we havent gotten to know each other personally very much, but we have talked on threads some and you are a lovely girl with a kind heart and i would love to get to know you more and im here for you! i hope that things start picking up for ya :) feel better buddy!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling horrible :( :( kudos to you for not ripping that persons head off because i certainly would have!!!! i cant believe they deleted your flash drive, how dare they....
as for the upcoming anniversary of your gram, i'm terribly sorry and if you ever need anyone to talk to or just vent about day to day bs you can PM me anytime.. its so hard losing the ones we love and no matter how long goes by, it still rips you up inside :(
we havent gotten to know each other personally very much, but we have talked on threads some and you are a lovely girl with a kind heart and i would love to get to know you more and im here for you! i hope that things start picking up for ya :) feel better buddy!

Thanks:) I thought about it..but I couldn't come up with anything clever to say and I have just been feeling low. And thank you. If I need it I will take you up on that. She was great. So was my papa. They actually started this rule with me that I had to have a cookie for each hand and that I wasn't allowed to save the money they gave me I had to spend it on something silly that I didn't need (they called it Jelly Bean money). Sometimes I still wish I would get those random cards from them...

Thanks:) that means a lot to me and I feel the same about you:)

Thanks:) I thought about it..but I couldn't come up with anything clever to say and I have just been feeling low. And thank you. If I need it I will take you up on that. She was great. So was my papa. They actually started this rule with me that I had to have a cookie for each hand and that I wasn't allowed to save the money they gave me I had to spend it on something silly that I didn't need (they called it Jelly Bean money). Sometimes I still wish I would get those random cards from them...

Thanks:) that means a lot to me and I feel the same about you:)

its great that you have those wonderful memories of them :) it would be fun to start a tradition with your grandkids one day of Jelly bean money :D i know how hard it is to miss your family like that, i miss my grandparents every day. it feels good to do something that my grandma taught me to do like make our familys fried chicken and know that she's still with me, and you have that when you think of Jelly beans! when times are hard, just try not to forget that you are loved, you are unique, and tomorrow is a new day :)

Awww, you kids are just too cute......:D Reminding me of the traditions I want to keep.....:)

dont you ever forget em!!! Lol, sometimes its hard to hold on to whats important in life when you gotta struggle so hard just to survive so its good to get reminded sometimes :D

You may be able to recover some data so don't give up yet. You could try a professional service but there are also free services that might help as well.

its great that you have those wonderful memories of them :) it would be fun to start a tradition with your grandkids one day of Jelly bean money :D i know how hard it is to miss your family like that, i miss my grandparents every day. it feels good to do something that my grandma taught me to do like make our familys fried chicken and know that she's still with me, and you have that when you think of Jelly beans! when times are hard, just try not to forget that you are loved, you are unique, and tomorrow is a new day :)

Awww, you kids are just too cute......:D Reminding me of the traditions I want to keep.....:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHUfy_YBps&list=FLAfRQzxDvwxAghCmLyLhopw&shuffle=329

I <3 you guys :) you guys are great and really helped me feel better last night. I definitely will keep up the tradition :)

You may be able to recover some data so don't give up yet. You could try a professional service but there are also free services that might help as well.

Thanks! I think my mom is trying to recover them!! I was just so upset about all my files are sating unrecoverable :(

that would be awesome if the files are able to be recovered!!
i hope today is a better day too, try to keep a positive outlook and see what happens :D

Yes:) they drive me bonkers too lol. I'm kinda a teacher. It depends who you ask. Everyone at works calls me a teacher but I haven't gone to school for it. So I guess I'd be considered a preschool teacher. :)

The kids are sweet most of the time. But I work with ages 6weeks to 5 years. Mostly I spend my time in the "rainforest room" (3/4 years)

Today was hectic, the kids usually lose it on Fridays, hence more timeouts & being beat up by kids.

But my lil man Aidan has a double ear infection, and was super whiny, which is understandable. Well, I had to leave for school and he had such a meltdown- almost like a "mom is leaving"meltdown. So I promised him I'd be back and left him crying. When I got back he looked up at me and his little face lit up and he barreled into me :D then 3 other kids, Lily, Trey and Darren, saw me and did pretty much the same thing! Trey went "Courtney!!!!!" And gave me the biggest hug ever. And Darren and Lily tackled me:D

Its weird bc you would think they'd hate me, because unlike the other two teachers, I scold them and put them in timeout on a regular basis. And I don't let them leave till they tell me why they sat there, promise not to do it again/handle it differently, and give me a hug so that we are friends again :)

I love those kids though :)

Back
Top Bottom