3 poor lost souls....

MK1

I went into a local pet store today and saw 2 beautiful Chams. But their encloser is horrible. Its not vented, no moving water source and it looked dry as hell. Im not an expert on cham care or health by anymeans but I can tell these guys are in trouble.

On another note. My New guy is stuck on a fed ex plane somewhere dieing... They shipped him out last night and the called and said he was "delayed" by the weather... So he should be here tomarrow.... Hope he makes it! Do u guys have any suggestions for unpacking and post flight care for him? Its 30 degrees here right now.

Mike

That sucks man. I hate shipping during winter months. Im waiting for a flight window right now on some new additions. We've been waiting for almost two weeks for the right time to ship. I'd let her warm up after that cold trip. Then after about an hr of basking I'd start trying to rehydrate her. If you could rig up a cheap rain chamber for her that would be perfect. Turn it on for like 15- 20 mins at a time several times that first day. Then just let her chill and get acclimated. Normally, I'd just put her in her cage and let her warm up and just mist the hell outta her cage for a few days. But since she got delayed i think i'd try upping her water intake since she hasnt had any fluids for almost 2 days. jmpo

I went into a local pet store today and saw 2 beautiful Chams. But their encloser is horrible. Its not vented, no moving water source and it looked dry as hell. Im not an expert on cham care or health by anymeans but I can tell these guys are in trouble.

On another note. My New guy is stuck on a fed ex plane somewhere dieing... They shipped him out last night and the called and said he was "delayed" by the weather... So he should be here tomarrow.... Hope he makes it! Do u guys have any suggestions for unpacking and post flight care for him? Its 30 degrees here right now.

Mike

That's horrible :(. I hope you get him soon. I would think you should warm him up & put him at his basking spot when you get him but I really dont know for sure. I would hate to steer you wrong... maybe that would be to drastic of a temp change for him. I'm sure someone on here with more experience will have some good advise for you. I'm new at this myself. Hopefully he's packed w/ a warmer bag & staying warm... they normally are packed in w/ them. I got my guy in October, 50 degree then, & he had one. Make sure to update when you get your lil guy.

How many chameleons can FED Ex possibly have on hold? Still hoping I get mine home safe sometime tomorrow before he freezes or becomes to dehydrated. He was shipped last night as well.

That sucks man. I hate shipping during winter months. Im waiting for a flight window right now on some new additions. We've been waiting for almost two weeks for the right time to ship. I'd let her warm up after that cold trip. Then after about an hr of basking I'd start trying to rehydrate her. If you could rig up a cheap rain chamber for her that would be perfect. Turn it on for like 15- 20 mins at a time several times that first day. Then just let her chill and get acclimated. Normally, I'd just put her in her cage and let her warm up and just mist the hell outta her cage for a few days. But since she got delayed i think i'd try upping her water intake since she hasnt had any fluids for almost 2 days. jmpo

And there you have it... Senior member advise. He was posting when I was doing mine. hehe. I love this forum!

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/mkoricic/SU1BRzAwODYuanBn.jpg

It looks like he is shedding. U can see the skin flaking off of in varies places. He kept scratching at the sides of the glass.

In the next one u can see what appears to be the back of a female at the top by the light. im not sure tho.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/mkoricic/SU1BRzAwODQuanBn-1.jpg

I'd want out too... that is awful!!! Someone needs to educate them. Sooo sad. I hope they get rescued from there soon & that the new owners will not follow there recommendations on care but educated themselves as well. :mad:

How many chameleons can FED Ex possibly have on hold? Still hoping I get mine home safe sometime tomorrow before he freezes or becomes to dehydrated. He was shipped last night as well.

FedEx is terrible IMO. Also sending live animals overnight five days before Xmas is not the smartest idea. If it were me I would have asked the customer to wait until the holidays are over.

Hopefully both of the animals arrive safely.

Back
Top Bottom