3 months old Veiled eggs deteriorate unexpectedly!!!!HELP!!!

Owl

these Veiled eggs are 3 months old now

i think they are all fertile 。:)

the temperature of first month is 82 ,Later,I lower the temperature to 77

last month, today i found some of the eggs leak (sweating?) foul and shrinkage !!!:confused::confused:

then i cut two eggs, i found white solid and dead embryo!!!:mad::confused:

i need help with my others!!! !! :eek::(:(:confused::confused:

ss853359.jpg

ss853361.jpg

ss853366.jpg

ss853358.jpg

how sudden was the change in the eggs? overnight? Its pretty rare in all reptiles that there will always be perfect batches with all eggs fertile. Maybe nature is just taking is course, but if this was over a short period of time i would have a concern.

What are you incubating them in? Is the medium they are in moist? i am sure there are people who alter the temps o the eggs but I keep mine constant the entire time. If you need more help I will pm a couple of people and get you some more help.

Just by looking at the Vermiculite or whatever the eggs are in, it looks very wet. Too much humidity will make the eggs leak then burst.

I use the vermiculite as medium to the eggs:)

i put vermiculite and water together,then i try to grip the vermiculite until
no water drip:cool:

then i put vermiculite in a plastic-box (seal the lid)

the thickness of the vermiculite in the box is 3-5cm

is it any error with my modus?

thank you all!:D

I use the vermiculite as medium to the eggs:)

i put vermiculite and water together,then i try to grip the vermiculite until
no water drip:cool:

then i put vermiculite in a plastic-box (seal the lid)

the thickness of the vermiculite in the box is 3-5cm

is it any error with my modus?

thank you all!:D

Are there holes in the container to allow the humidity to drop a little? Like said above, if it is too wet, they'll go bad. That may be the problem

Agreed. I'd also like to say that 80 is way too high in my opinion. I think even 75 is too high personally as I think the eggs should develop a bit slower so that they have time to get everything right. That's just my opinion though. Plenty of people have incubated at your temps.

If you squeeze the vermiculite in your hand there should be no more than a drop or two of water come out of it....if that's what happened then its moisture level should be fine.

I incubate my veiled eggs at about 74C....and have had a good hatch rate.

Are there holes in the container to allow the humidity to drop a little? Like said above, if it is too wet, they'll go bad. That may be the problem

yes this i use a shell with holes ,in order to reduce the humidity

but i think it is not very effective :mad:

Agreed. I'd also like to say that 80 is way too high in my opinion. I think even 75 is too high personally as I think the eggs should develop a bit slower so that they have time to get everything right. That's just my opinion though. Plenty of people have incubated at your temps.

thank you ,i would try to reduce the humidity

If you squeeze the vermiculite in your hand there should be no more than a drop or two of water come out of it....if that's what happened then its moisture level should be fine.

I incubate my veiled eggs at about 74C....and have had a good hatch rate.

yes thank you ,

Back
Top Bottom