3 month old panther food

OliFC9

Hi guys. So I’m getting a 3 month old chameleon at the Weekend and I was wondering what size cricket would be best. I’ve already got 6-8mm ones but would bigger be better or would a range be better? I’m not too sure because of the age.

Hi guys. So I’m getting a 3 month old chameleon at the Weekend and I was wondering what size cricket would be best. I’ve already got 6-8mm ones but would bigger be better or would a range be better? I’m not too sure because of the age.
So if my calculations are right then this would be a 1/4 inch cricket or 2 week old cricket which would be a great size. Make sure you have tons. At that age they can take down 15 a day easy. Do you know how to gutload your crickets?

So if my calculations are right then this would be a 1/4 inch cricket or 2 week old cricket which would be a great size. Make sure you have tons. At that age they can take down 15 a day easy. Do you know how to gutload your crickets?
Hi, thanks for the info, I have about 200 and more on the way. And yes I do know how to gutload :)

I wouldn’t worry about trying to get him/her to eat necessarily bigger crickets or feeders of any type for that matter. I honestly would recommend to stick with a variety of insects and to get a little smaller Than you believe you need at first especially if you buy in bulk so you can feed off as the insect gutloads and grows with your chameleon which is definitely better than bigger insects off the jump because if the insect is too big your Cham most likely won’t have any interest in it just make sure they are getting as much feeders that are of appropriate size as they will take cause they can be voracious at this age ?

I wouldn’t worry about trying to get him/her to eat necessarily bigger crickets or feeders of any type for that matter. I honestly would recommend to stick with a variety of insects and to get a little smaller Than you believe you need at first especially if you buy in bulk so you can feed off as the insect gutloads and grows with your chameleon which is definitely better than bigger insects off the jump because if the insect is too big your Cham most likely won’t have any interest in it just make sure they are getting as much feeders that are of appropriate size as they will take cause they can be voracious at this age ?
I have bought a lot of small crickets, the size I have mentioned and I’ll follow ur advice here. Do you think small flightless fruit flies would be another good source because I can order these too?

I have bought a lot of small crickets, the size I have mentioned and I’ll follow ur advice here. Do you think small flightless fruit flies would be another good source because I can order these too?
I would try black soldier fly larvae cause you can feed the larvae stage which is an amazing source of calcium and set some to the side to pupate into the wasp looking flys they don’t eat as flys only fly around to look to breed. They are one of my favorite staple feeders to mix in with crickets and dubias which are also just as great but lots of people don’t wanna deal with roaches which is understandable

I would try black soldier fly larvae cause you can feed the larvae stage which is an amazing source of calcium and set some to the side to pupate into the wasp looking flys they don’t eat as flys only fly around to look to breed. They are one of my favorite staple feeders to mix in with crickets and dubias which are also just as great but lots of people don’t wanna deal with roaches which is understandable
Brilliant I will try that if I can find any available. Thanks a lot :))

Back
Top Bottom