3 month old ambilobe

bookn3rd5

So we got our first Cham on Tuesday! He so stinking cute, especially when he sleeps! I was worried because he was hiding and not eating for the first two days. :( Now today he's chowing down on the crickets and cruising around the cage exploring!!! I'm so relieved. :D
Giving him privacy for the first two weeks is got to be the hardest thing EVER!
I will post some pics of him when he's a little bit more relaxed. Thanks a lot Curt, he's a healthy, good looking boy.

So yesterday he ate one cricket and has not eaten anything since. He is drinking but for the most part he is very dark and hides much of the day. Is there any signs I should be looking for? Also when do they usually shed or how do you know it's coming? Thank you in advance.

It's only been a few days. It'll take him a while to settle in. And I guess it really depends on the chameleon too. Best thing to do now is to leave him be and have crickets available to him. Cup feeding is good so you know how much he eats. Even if you just leave the cup in his enclosure. But seems normal enough.

I got my from Curt (EpicChameleons) too at 3 months old last Febuary.

This is how he looked the first couple of days I had him. Very dark and very shy (just like yours right now). Hehe.

This is him now. I've had him for about 3 months now. So he's around 6 months old. Starting to show colors and very calm.

Point is: If you follow the care sheet properly; he'll eventually lose his anxiety of being shipped and placed to a new surrounding and you'll lose the anxiety of having a dark and shy chameleon. And all will be well. I think every new chameleon owner goes through this nervous wreck phase. And most doesn't really get over the phase. Haha.

Good luck with the little guy and post some pictures.

We are starting to get worried about him. He drinks fine, but he has only eaten one cricket since we got him on Tuesday. Right now we put the crickets in a cup that we suspend from parts of his enclosure - but we've had no more luck. He's starting to look pretty skinny, and I guess we're just concerned. Is there any suggestions you guys can make for us to get him to eat? We've even tried to offer him meal worms, but nothing seems to motivate him to want to eat right now. Any help is appreciated!:confused:

Any advice? He has been really dark lately...at this point we're not sure if this is normal (and we're overreacting) or if it's something we should seriously be concerned about. No changes still.

You could try to free range some feeders. They love flying insects. Is there a lot going on around him. Too much commotion will keep him distracted and stressed. How are temps in enclosure, they metabolize with the aid of external heat, so temps need to be correct. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom