3 Free Ranges - Part 1.

NashansCamos

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is step 1 of the 3 free ranges; i'm pretty happy with the design/plants/sticks, but I dont have lights for it yet and its actually easy to escape if its a chameleon. We're looking into ways to stop them just dipping from their free ranges and patrolling the table/floor.

Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed. Also two of the three photos have chams in the free ranges so try and find them!

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2125.jpg
    IMG_2125.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_2126.jpg
    IMG_2126.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 215
I would remove the tape your using... I have seen some horrible stuff on here with tape and chams stuck to it.

Yes, they can be on the free range without lights for an hour each day.

I would remove the tape your using... I have seen some horrible stuff on here with tape and chams stuck to it.
yeah i was sort of noticing the same thing but didnt think it was a big deal... without it the vine just flops down and the whole thing sort of falls. I usually use zip ties but you cant zip tie something to a wall lol... any suggestions?

yeah i was sort of noticing the same thing but didnt think it was a big deal... without it the vine just flops down and the whole thing sort of falls. I usually use zip ties but you cant zip tie something to a wall lol... any suggestions?
Use a mounting bracket or a screw in hook.

Tape is a big deal. their skin is delicate.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/help-chameleon-scales-ripped-off.170289/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/ophelia-stuck-on-tape-shes-okay.172056/

ok it's off I guess the tape made it not flop anymore or something... its fine now. but if i put a little pressure on it it starts flopping. I'll buy a hook

ok it's off I guess the tape made it not flop anymore or something... its fine now. but if i put a little pressure on it it starts flopping. I'll buy a hook
This goes for electrical tape as well...FYI I saw one of your pics where you were using it to hold your probe in place on a branch. Humidity levels we keep causes it to peel up. This is where the danger is. When the tape peels up it is still quite sticky.

This goes for electrical tape as well...FYI I saw one of your pics where you were using it to hold your probe in place on a branch. Humidity levels we keep causes it to peel up. This is where the danger is. When the tape peels up it is still quite sticky.
yup I was aware of that and zip tied it instead a few days ago

Back
Top Bottom