3-4 Month Old Panther in Large Enclosure

NosyBe15

Hey Everyone.

I recently had to put my female Nosybe down. Which was pretty sad. She was older, but had a good life.

So its time for me to get a new buddy...

Now the issue that I have is I have a custom enclosure thats in my living room with 2 living spaces in it. Each one is 3x2x5, with live plants in it. I have a full grown Diego Suarez in the left side, and I am going to get a new male for the right side. (No they cant see each other)

Is it really bad if I start with a 3-4 month old panther? I free range all my crickets, so I would obviously have to have enough sticks close enough to the screen areas where the crickets tend to hang out. But is it really bad to have a baby cham in a full size cage like that? I am not worried about water too much because I run a mist king system, but I am wondering what possible issues could be created by having a baby cham in a full grown chams cage. I dont really have space to create another living area, which is why I designed this custom enclosure for my 2 chams. So bringing in my extra 18x18x24 cage wouldnt work as well.

While I usually say to move them to a bigger cage at 6 months, it's mostly a combination of when they're ready and when you're comfortable to move them to the larger cage. This has to do with, are they able to get around this big cage without trouble to drink, hunt, and bask? If so then it should be ok. But I honestly like to wait until they're a little bigger and a little less clumsy haha (I get afraid of the young ones slipping and falling sometimes).

I may or may not have answered your question there, sorry. I guess if you do get a young one have a small cage just in case or prepare in case you need to pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom