260 Gallon Reptarium

naterman93

When my Panther Chameleon is full grown, can he be housed in a 260 Gallon Reptarium? Is this too big? I will use a feeder cup so he doesn't have trouble catching his food. Thanks!

That would be fine (and huge! They are quite the display pieces if lit correctly) but figuring out drainage for them is the hard part.

I feel Huge is always good, as long as as you make sure food access, water, and lighting are all easily available. Most my custom cages are all bigger than, the 260 gallon. A few of my select Chameleons inhabit open space within my rooms. I recently bought a 260 gal reptarium and I think I kind of could like it, the zipper is abit monotonous but otherwise, "well set up" they do look good as stated above.

I have put in an order for the 260 gallon flexarium, its on special now :) ive only got a 4.5 month old, but she loves exploring, and is a great hunter, so im gonna let her have it.. but if its too big, ill just put some wood or something to block off half... My plan is to put a container, in the flexarium with a screen over that, So she cant fall in the water catcher, :p

LOL... Yeah you probably could :p Im not sure really hot big it is... i kinda measured it out in my room, and estimated haha... Its very nice though, will be great when i buy a male in the future :D

No soft tray is needed but sure is nice for catching anything that falls, Ha Ha Like crap, water and such, Good luck your Cham will at least enjoy the Elbow Room!:)

Soft trays are great....put them over the bare frame and then put the mesh over that for easier clean up ;) I have a tall reptarium that has a long soft tray....I put it at the back of my enclosure so that the wall is protected from spray. The cham in this enclosure has learned to run to the back and lick the tray for water when being misted.

Kenya, I like that, Lining on the back also! + a good visual for water dripping and Cham, fluid intake! Awsome.

just got mine yesterday and my chameleon loves it so far, except he hasnt taken to cup feeding (probably because of the big red cup) im going to get some smaller cups today and see how it goes. still trying to get the lighting perfect but i definetly need more than one 10.0 to cover the whole thing considering the dark mesh

SSPX0150.jpg

SSPX0151.jpg

SSPX0152.jpg

Liking the look of it so far. Not to sure about keeping it next to the window as the heat may make it too warm and also drafts etc...

Back
Top Bottom