2020 Calendar Cover - Tie Breaker

2020 Calendar Cover - Tie Breaker

• Votes: 34 50.0%

• Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

**Shameless self promotion** While the Parson's is a very nice photo, the photo of my panther Spicoli has a great story behind it: Spicoli was re-homed to me from a keeper who could no longer take care of him. I had recently lost a chameleon and was not sure I was ready for another pet, but this was a true adoption situation rather than a sale, so I figured if I was planning to get a new chameleon in the future it would make sense to adopt the in-need animal locally rather than trying to purchase one from a breeder eventually.

It turned out to be the best decision I could have made - I was used to chameleons being flighty and aggressive, but after Spicoli settled in I realized how interactive he is. He will eat directly from my hand, he will climb onto my hand voluntarily, he will even come to the door of his enclosure and paw at it like a cat until you let him out, and then proceed to implement his singular goal of climbing on top of your head. Granted, he's still a chameleon and requires very strictly regulated heat, humidity, and UVB so I do not let him out for long stretches of time. But when the weather is nice I will take him outside and give him some supervised time to explore safe areas of the yard. That's what this picture captured, Spicoli exploring a bush outside, climbing into frame and checking out the camera. Not afraid or aggressive, just doing his thing.

I think the photo is great testament to these amazing animals and how they are unique individuals with their own personalities. I also think it would be nice to see him make the cover of a chameleon calendar after having started out in a rehoming situation. The chameleon equivalent of a Cinderella story so to speak.

I should add that despite all that, they're both great pictures. I'm happy to see Spicoli has made it this far either way.

**Shameless self promotion** While the Parson's is a very nice photo, the photo of my panther Spicoli has a great story behind it: Spicoli was re-homed to me from a keeper who could no longer take care of him. I had recently lost a chameleon and was not sure I was ready for another pet, but this was a true adoption situation rather than a sale, so I figured if I was planning to get a new chameleon in the future it would make sense to adopt the in-need animal locally rather than trying to purchase one from a breeder eventually.

It turned out to be the best decision I could have made - I was used to chameleons being flighty and aggressive, but after Spicoli settled in I realized how interactive he is. He will eat directly from my hand, he will climb onto my hand voluntarily, he will even come to the door of his enclosure and paw at it like a cat until you let him out, and then proceed to implement his singular goal of climbing on top of your head. Granted, he's still a chameleon and requires very strictly regulated heat, humidity, and UVB so I do not let him out for long stretches of time. But when the weather is nice I will take him outside and give him some supervised time to explore safe areas of the yard. That's what this picture captured, Spicoli exploring a bush outside, climbing into frame and checking out the camera. Not afraid or aggressive, just doing his thing.

I think the photo is great testament to these amazing animals and how they are unique individuals with their own personalities. I also think it would be nice to see him make the cover of a chameleon calendar after having started out in a rehoming situation. The chameleon equivalent of a Cinderella story so to speak.
Hey now! Shameless Self Promotion is not aloud! It is picture only votes not stories! bad bad bad... Naughty naughty naughty!

In all honesty this sways public opinion on who they vote for which I personally do not feel is fair. I happen to know the keeper of the other Cham photo and they too have been a long time member always giving help to others and actively participating in the forum. I know that their wife took the photo and it was one of many that she took to capture the beauty of the cham and she was very proud of the composition and that the Cham was represented so well. I know that he was thrilled to use the photo because it made his wife smile.

Now that is what I know. However I voted for the one that I felt was visually the BEST! Not my knowledge of the keepers or any stories behind them. My opinion but I don't think it is fair to post your story to try to win.

Last edited:
As much as I enjoy the playful banter and memes, I think the photo contest posts should be locked. There’s a lot of “vote for me” or “why isnt my pic selected” in them. Probably not making any friends with that idea, but I think there are a lot of posts that pull on the heart strings or drown out the mod posts.

That being said - I love all the pics and memes and giving brad and deca grief... and enjoy commenting on the pics... but I think we can do that on the contest pics directly instead of the info thread

Hey now! Shameless Self Promotion is not aloud! It is picture only votes not stories! bad bad bad... Naughty naughty naughty!

In all honesty this sways public opinion on who they vote for which I personally do not feel is fair. I happen to know the keeper of the other Cham photo and they too have been a long time member always giving help to others and actively participating in the forum. I know that their wife took the photo and it was one of many that she took to capture the beauty of the cham and she was very proud of the composition and that the Cham was represented so well. I know that he was thrilled to use the photo because it made his wife smile.

Now that is what I know. However I voted for the one that I felt was visually the BEST! Not my knowledge of the keepers or any stories behind them. My opinion but I don't think it is fair to post your story to try to win.

Ah, if there's blowback over my story-time post maybe I should reconsider my Spicoli 2020 yard signs and Super PAC...

That being said - I love all the pics and memes and giving brad and deca grief... and enjoy commenting on the pics... but I think we can do that on the contest pics directly instead of the info thread
That might be a good suggestion. I only even said anything because I saw some playful ribbing of folks who had said they voted for my panther pic so I felt like I should weigh in. I feel like it needs to be no influence/commenting or anything's fair game.

Back
Top Bottom