2016 Chameleon Calendar

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
It's calendar time! We are now accepting entries for the 2016 chameleon calendar. Last year the community submitted and voted on some beautiful photos and the results were fantastic. We are hoping to create an even better calendar this year and need everyone's help to make that happen.

Entry Deadline: August 31
[email protected]

calendar15_cover.jpg

calendar15_apr.jpg
calendar15_may.jpg

Rules
  1. Only two entries per member.
  2. Anything less than 2300x1800 will not be considered. Larger images preferred.
  3. Landscape orientation. Maximum resolution. No Humans.
  4. Please try to avoid compression artifacts and pixelation.
  5. Minor post processing is allowed if natural look maintained.
  6. All legal terms from the [thread=102]photo contest[/thread] apply.

General Info
  1. Text will be added to each calender photo in order to identify the species and photographer. Chameleon names can also be added upon request.
  2. To help build a diverse calendar we will continue the process used last year and group entries into multiple categories. Some photo contest entries from the past 12 months are likely to be included as well. This means there will be multiple polls to determine the final calendar content. In addition to these categories there may be a vote for the calendar cover.

Prize
The top three entries from the calendar cover vote will receive a free calendar. All proceeds originating from calendar sales will go towards the cost of maintaining Chameleon Forums.

How to Enter
Members must own the full rights to any photo they submit for consideration to the 2016 calendar. Please note the size and resolution requirements above. This year we will be accepting entries by email only. So that you know the status of your entry we will reply to let you know your photo has been received and if there are any problems. If you do not get this reply within a couple days then your entry was not received and you should contact us.
[email protected]

Note
We are striving for natural looking high quality photos. Entries should be what one would expect from a store bought photo calendar. Veileds and panthers will probably be in the calendar a few times due to their captive populations. Keep in mind the calendar will try to show a variety of species. This means that entries representing more unique species will have a better chance of being included in the calendar. If needed some previous photo contest entries that meet the requirements will be used. The information listed here may change at any time.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Can my real name be listed on calendar photos instead of my username? What about my company name?
Yes, you can request your real name or company name. We reserve the right to refuse inappropriate names.​

2. How many photos can I enter?
No more than two entries per member.​

3. What size should the photos be?
Calendar entries should be at least 2300x1800. Resolutions from 200-300 are preferred. Landscape orientation is needed. The file size of each photo should be less than 15mb.​

4. If my photo is in the calendar do I get a percentage of sales?
No. Calendar sales are used to help pay for site expenses such as hosting and photo contest prizes. The top three ranking participants will receive a free calendar.​

5. When will the new 2015 calendars be available?
We currently plan to make the calendars available in early November.​

The annual calendar is a member driven project and most decisions are left to you guys. Next week we will go through the entries and sort them into various groups and shortly after that we will have everyone vote on their favourites in each category. The winners of those votes go into the calendar and one will be the cover.

We get some stellar photos every year and the calendar is really, really nice.

reminder

Today is the last day to vote on the calendar pages :)

In each poll choose your two favorite images.

Voting for the calendar pages is complete. Within the next few days we will begin to finalize the calendar format and get everything ready for print. Only the winning photo from each poll is guaranteed to be included in the calendar. Other high ranking images may be used as well. We will likely start a quick poll within the next few days to determine the calendar cover.

will we know they month winners before the cover voting

On the whole I'm going to wait to see what photo gets the cover then figure out which of the remaining photos go with which month. If the winners have a preference for which month they would like to be on, let me know and I'll try my best to accommodate.

I said I would announce the calendar pages today but I'm going to need more time. We're still working on the collage pages and need another day. Thanks for you patience :)

After much consideration the set of calendar photos for 2016 has been chosen. There were many great entries this year and it's unfortunate how little room there is in a 12 month calendar. I want to thank everyone that submitted photos or took the time to vote; your participation made this possible. Further announcements about availability will be made soon.

Below are thumbs of the calendar pages. For those not familiar with our previous calendars the two larger images represent collage pages.

cover.jpg

january.jpg

february.jpg

march.jpg

april.jpg

may.jpg

june.jpg

july.jpg

august.jpg

september.jpg

october.jpg

november.jpg

december.jpg

extra.jpg

The following 15 members have photos in the calendar:
Alexl, asongforyou, Chameleon Paradise, Claudiachams, fester2226, giesle, jannb, NHenn, OldChamKeeper, pigglett79, ponders, reptileguy112, shaunaroxanne, Trace, YunaTheVeiledCham

----
We expect the calendars to be available before December 1st. More details will be posted soon.

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering how I can buy a calendar and how much they cost? I've tried searching on the forum but can't find them, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom