2 weeks since he has eaten :(

Nixehface

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Marley is my beautiful panther, he's 1 and a few months and I've had him since he was 3 months
Handling - He comes out on his own when he feels like it.
Feeding - He usually eats locusts, calci-worms, butterworms, mealworm alien things (before they turn to beatles) and wax worms. He usually eats every 2 days and an average amount.
Supplements - I normally just dust individual worms for him every couple of days with calcium without d3 and use calcium with d3 and multi vitamin once a month
Watering - He gets misted 4 times a day for about 5 minutes and sometimes I shower him. He drinks quite alot.
Fecal Description - His urates seem good but he isn't producing a lot of poo at the moment..
History - He's never had any other problems

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Wooden viv which is heavily ventilated.
Lighting - His lights are on for 12 hours and I use a 100w bulb to keep temperature up in winter and a repti-sun 5.0 uvb strip.
Temperature - his basking spot is 30C and his ambient is about 24C. Lowest overnight temp is around 17C and I use a digital thermometer/hydrometer.
Humidity - Humidity is usually between 75 - 85%
Plants - I have a ficus and an umbrella plant
Placement - bottom of viv is above floor level. Not near any noises etc.
Location - England

Current Problem - As he has grown up I have noticed that he is a bit of a fussy eater and he has spells where he will go for a week without any food but then be right on it again. Over December he was eating more than usual and now it has been 2 weeks since he has eaten anything which is the longest he has gone without eating.
He is still very active and his eyes look normal, he is just not pooing properly now obviously due to him not eating.
I've also noticed that he is sperming a lot more than usual too.. could this possibly be a reason why he isn't eating?

Any input would be fantastic as I am starting to get worried about him now :(

Everything seems to be good except for him not eating of course. Have you tried other feeders? Sometimes they get tired of the same feeders and will go on a hunger strike. Other than that, I don't know. :( Hope he starts eating for you.

when he does poo are they still regular? how old are your bulbs? might try some silk worms or hornworms to perk him up a bit.

I normally try a change in foods and do get him silkworms every 2 weeks but he is just not interested in anything at the moment. His favourites are waxworms (of course lol) but he wont even touch those :(

Yes his poops were fine when he was eating but since then they have just gotten smaller and smaller and now he isn't pooping!

Thanks for answering guys, I am starting to get worried.
I mean he seems absolutely fine but I know chams can change at any time

Winter time

I normally try a change in foods and do get him silkworms every 2 weeks but he is just not interested in anything at the moment. His favourites are waxworms (of course lol) but he wont even touch those :(

Yes his poops were fine when he was eating but since then they have just gotten smaller and smaller and now he isn't pooping!

Thanks for answering guys, I am starting to get worried.
I mean he seems absolutely fine but I know chams can change at any time

I have chams that do the same thing when it's winter. they have there favorites and they wont even look at them. just got to make sure they are hydrated and look healthy. They can go a long time with out eating its when they stat looking unhealthy when you start worring. It freaks me out when mine do it.

Back
Top Bottom