2 veiled babies

Truth is no chameleon should be housed together. But if you must. Baby veiled chameleons can be housed together without problems. They do not fight and do not have their own territory yet. Of course their terrarium should be large enough and they should have enough space to walk, climb and plants to hide behind. I would separate as so as you can though. Also keep a very close eye on them because you never know if one is attacking the other.

IMO your asking for issues housing them together even if they are that young. They can nip at each causing wounds. I am not sure where you are getting them from but 2-3 inches including the tail means they are very very young. I would not keep them together for more then a month. And I would make sure the cage set up is perfect. No heat for babies this small. T5HO needs to be raised off the top. Depending on bulb type you need it at a certain distance because they are going to screen climb constantly. And you will need tons of tiny feeders especially since they will be competing for food.

If they are less than two months old you could house them in baby bins to make sure they are getting and drinking. Here’s my baby bins.

95A3677A-E17C-48A2-A5FB-B57A263EEE03.jpeg

3CCEA918-6ED1-49FA-8488-131807DBC068.jpeg

Why not wait until they are at least 3 months old so they a bigger, making their care easier, along with giving you time to get 2 cages properly set up. I would also buy from a more reputable breeder, as babies shouldn't be sold unless they're at least 3 months old.

Housing them separately, if you do get them, will allow you to keep track of how much each baby is eating so you can be sure they’re eating enough. I agree with @ERKleRose that it would be more responsible of you to wait until they are at least 3 months old so they’ve had good care and a good start. You may be opening yourself up for heartbreak if you take them now. I also agree that a reputable breeder would not sell them this young!

Housing them separately, if you do get them, will allow you to keep track of how much each baby is eating so you can be sure they’re eating enough. I agree with @ERKleRose that it would be more responsible of you to wait until they are at least 3 months old so they’ve had good care and a good start. You may be opening yourself up for heartbreak if you take them now. I also agree that a reputable breeder would not sell them this young!
Alright thank you!

Back
Top Bottom