2 species living under one roof

DKFarms

I'd like to ask a "curiosity only" question. Can a male and female of two different cham species live in one enclosure? The size is 3x3 x 4 (feet, that is). One of my kids asked me... I didn't know... so I'm asking here. :)

Thanks,
Sue

Very much discouraged! Two different species should never be housed together. Even same species should really never be housed together because they are very territorial and the male will put too much pressure on the female to try to mate with her too frequently! But to complicate it further a male and female of different species could potentially still mate even though it would be extremely unlikely that they would produce offspring. And they could potentially transmit disease to each other. Worst case they could be extremely aggressive toward each other and potentially injure or kill the other one. So very discouraged. ;)

I'd like to ask a "curiosity only" question. Can a male and female of two different cham species live in one enclosure? The size is 3x3 x 4 (feet, that is). One of my kids asked me... I didn't know... so I'm asking here. :)

Thanks,
Sue

Not in that size cage by any means. Possibly in a greenhouse or a free range room as long as the female could escape the attentions of the male.

Thanks kindly! I didn't think it was an option, but I wanted to get other's answers since I'm not versed in cham behavior yet.

Thank you MOST kindly!
Sue

Back
Top Bottom