2 questions glasses and Beta beads for roaxhes

RikkiL

Established Member
1. I wear glasses, Most of the time Wall-e is okay with me looking at him, talking to him. I can feed him 1 and only 1 bug. If I turn my head he gets un easy and will often mouth gap. He has bonded with my husband much more then me. I was thinking maybe he see's his reflection in my glasses and this could be the reason.has anyone experienced this?

2. Does anyone use beta beads for their dubia roaches?

Mine shies away from my camera lens; my theory is that it appears to him as the giant eye of a (potential) predator.

TBH, IDK if it's something like that, or a reflection, or maybe he just likes your face! 😁
I expect he'll get used to you in time; my Missus & I go through the same thing with all 3 reptiles we have.

My best advice is don't let it phase you (it's most likely a normal reaction, whatever the reason), always stay calm & confident, move slowly and deliberately, and be patient. :)

Mine shies away from my camera lens; my theory is that it appears to him as the giant eye of a (potential) predator.

TBH, IDK if it's something like that, or a reflection, or maybe he just likes your face! 😁
I expect he'll get used to you in time; my Missus & I go through the same thing with all 3 reptiles we have.

My best advice is don't let it phase you (it's most likely a normal reaction, whatever the reason), always stay calm & confident, move slowly and deliberately, and be patient. :)
It doesn't bother me much that he has bonded with my husband, I actually enjoy their interaction and trust they have built. I know he loves me lol as much as a cham can.

I wear glasses as well. My jacksons Cham runs from me or tries to hide every time I come near his cage. I hadn’t thought about the glasses scaring him. Maybe I’ll take them off when I go near him and see what he does.

Oh, that’s to bad! Maybe he’ll get used to them after awhile.
I have not been wearing the red glass till yesterday, Wall-E came out, climbed my arm took one look at my face and puffed up with yellow mouth gap. Immediately I knew no longer can I wear my favorite glasses if I want to engage with Wall-E.

It doesn't bother me much that he has bonded with my husband, I actually enjoy their interaction and trust they have built. I know he loves me lol as much as a cham can.
Wait... What? Who? Which one? o_O (Kidding)

I have not been wearing the red glass till yesterday, Wall-E came out, climbed my arm took one look at my face and puffed up with yellow mouth gap. Immediately I knew no longer can I wear my favorite glasses if I want to engage with Wall-E.
I wonder if putting the glasses in Wall-E's enclosure might get him used to them? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom