2 Questions for MistKing owners

zombiepixel

1. how far can the pump be from the reservoir and still work?

I am thinking about putting the pump on the top of my shelving and the reservoir on the bottom. the distance is like 6'.

2. How do you have your all of your electrical outlets setup?

I only have a single outlet and both the seconds timer and the lights timer won't fit. currently I have my lights timer plugged into the outlet then a power strip plugged into that. This setup won't work for the seconds timer.

Question 1, I'm not 100% sure how much above. I do have mine above the water reservoir but not that far (about 8-10" )

Question 2, I have a power strip that has 4 timer outlets and 4 always on outlets. I plug my mistking timer in one of the always on timers and use 2 of the timed outlets for my lights. The only bad thing is the mistking blocks off about 4 of the 8 outlets, leaving only 4 open (two timed and two full time) leaving only 2 after my lights. but it works

For question 1, my reservoir is a few feet below the misting nozzles (about 3 feet). The pump is very strong so I would think it can handle a bit more.

For question 2, On a serge protector (Coralife Aqualight Digital Power Center) with a duel timer (2day sockets, 2 night sockets, and 4 full time sockets) the lights in the daytime slots, and the Mist King timer in one of the fulltime slots.

Knowing Marty he will post here today to answer the first question..

Damn.. I actually have one of these power centers and i'm wasting it on a single bearded dragon tank. I could just swap the two power strips and outlets problems are solved. Thanks for the help.

I still need to figure out where to place the pump in relationship to the reservoir and the misting head. I keep all of my outlets on the top of my shelf so they don't come anywhere near water.

Damn.. I actually have one of these power centers and i'm wasting it on a single bearded dragon tank. I could just swap the two power strips and outlets problems are solved. Thanks for the help.

I still need to figure out where to place the pump in relationship to the reservoir and the misting head. I keep all of my outlets on the top of my shelf so they don't come anywhere near water.

My Pump is attached to the lid of the reservoir then the output from the pump goes up to the top of my caging unit (sorry I think I read the first question wrong when I read it the first time, darn dyslexia).:D

thanks for the advice, I got everything setup and the MistKing is no baloney, the system operates top notch.

At first I did try having the reservoir at the same level as the cage and the pump above the cage. It's about 4' and it was too far for the pump to pull water. I then brought it down to the same level as the reservoir and it works like a charm. It does make the shelf vibrate a little but it's not bad and really quiet. I will probably move it to it's own stand eventually.

The sad part is I actually purchased the system well over a year ago. I was worried that it might be too much spray for my one chameleon but it's perfect. Also knowing it's expandable if I was to get another cham is always good.

Here's a pic

MistKing setup complete by Zombie Pixel, on Flickr

Last edited:
1. how far can the pump be from the reservoir and still work?

I am thinking about putting the pump on the top of my shelving and the reservoir on the bottom. the distance is like 6'.

2. How do you have your all of your electrical outlets setup?

I only have a single outlet and both the seconds timer and the lights timer won't fit. currently I have my lights timer plugged into the outlet then a power strip plugged into that. This setup won't work for the seconds timer.

1.on the pump it says can self-prime up to 2 meters.
2.$5.99 six way from home depot or lowes.

Thanks for the link Bruno. Do you use this system for a reptile setup or just for you aquariums?

Anyone else use these?

Anyone else know of a better setup for timed lights and mistking?

I use it for my aquarium and the best part about it is if you get the net module you can control everything from a computer if your at work on your cell it's awesome

Are all of the outlets independently programmable on the power strip? The herp version isn't out yet but it also looks like it comes with all of it's own temp and humidity reading equipment.

Back
Top Bottom