2 month old veiled cham and green tree frog?

so. i have a 2 moth old veiled cham in a reptibreeze mesh cage, i dont remember the exact size, but its the second largest cage they make. i have many horizontal and vertical branches set up as well as leaves and vines throughout. my question is would a tree frog be ok living with my cham? i know ill have to move him out once my cham gets older and igger, but for now my cham isnt big enough to harm the frog. any knowledge or info would be appreciated, thanks!

I would say no. I think the reasons should be quite obvious.

The chameleon might try to eat the frog. That would probably kill both of them.

They can still give each other nasty bites, not to mention their different habitat requirements and the increased chance of cross-contamination from bacteria and parasites. There's no good reason to do it at all. Is it a money issue? There's a good argument to be made that if you can't afford appropriate enclosures then you aren't going to be able to give either of them adequate care and should reconsider owning animals. They deserve a certain level of care.

The frog could stress the chameleon. I wouldn't do it.

The temps and humidity levels they would prefer are different. The frog jumping around for hunting and the time it hunts (earlier morning or later evening) would happen when the cham is settling down for the night.

Just say NO to mixing species in one cage!

thats why i would move him when he grows. as of now hes too small to eat anything larger than a cricket

It doesn't matter what size they are. They simply cannot live together in the same cage.

Never mix species. Period. It just doesn't work and you'll end up with sick or dead animals.

Back
Top Bottom