2 foot fall

Taugh

Hi all

I am new to chameleons and I have a 2-3 month veiled chameleon. To day while trying to feed him, he was sitting by his food dish and as I was attempting to putting food dish he either fell or jumped from his perch and fell about two feet. He immediately took off and hid. I positioned a vine for him to climb back up and within a couple of seconds he began climbing back up.

My question is, will he need any medical assistance? He's not favoring any of his limbs and is using his tail to climb as well. Are there any signs I need to be on the look out for?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

Just watch for any signs that he has injured himself...limping, lethargy, bruising, unusual behaviour, etc...but generally chameleons can take falls pretty well...as long as they don't hit something in an odd way on the way down.

It sounds as though you spooked him If they get really scared, they will intentionally fall as a last ditch effort to save their lives. Watch for any signs of injury as has been said. To prevent scaring him in the future, move and approach slower. If you see him falling when nothing has scared him and he is doing it with some frequency, that would indicate a problem.

Back
Top Bottom