19th Annual Seattle Reptile Expo

Ahyriah

I headed out to the Expo today in hopes of coming home with my first panther male but no such luck! There was barely any chams there!! The ones that were for sale were a bit sad looking too. Some Jacksons that were dehydrated and Veilds that were SO TINY (!!!) with people buying pairs and trios of them! I wanted to say thank you for everyone here giving out good advice so I knew not to buy one and have them not make it.

I thought of you when I was there this morning and saw no Panthers. It was slim pickin's unless you were looking for snakes or leopard gecko's... I did get some breeding Dubias, so when you do get your Panther, I am sure I will be able to give you some roaches!! I just ordered some nymphs for feeding as well. LOL.

There was a member in Seattle, Timesink who had a few male Sambavas a short while ago at a great price point. Look in the classifieds his info was there. Chameleons Northwest also is in your price range and you can pick them up in Graham to avoid shipping costs.

I went as well. The chameleons available were the walking dead! The worst quality animals I have seen at that show ever. One of the sponsors of this forum had a few and they were just plain terrible. It seemed like they had brought their sick stock just to get rid of them to people who know nothing about chameleons.

A little boy in front of me said the jackson he wanted "must be tired". I warned the dad, don't buy that sick animal. we spoke for a couple minutes and then moved on.

If you wanted a nice chameleon, that isn't the place to buy them.

Sad....

Gah! Thanks for thinking of me Ninkylou! I was so saddened! When I was looking at one of the dehydrated Jacksons, a gentleman warned me about him and started telling me about his Sambava he was breeding in Bellevue! I got his info and am waiting on the pictures of the baby males he had available :) Until then I'll check out the classifieds and Chameleons Northwest! And I'm holding you to the roaches once they get goin! ;D

I went as well. The chameleons available were the walking dead! The worst quality animals I have seen at that show ever. One of the sponsors of this forum had a few and they were just plain terrible. It seemed like they had brought their sick stock just to get rid of them to people who know nothing about chameleons.

A little boy in front of me said the jackson he wanted "must be tired". I warned the dad, don't buy that sick animal. we spoke for a couple minutes and then moved on.

If you wanted a nice chameleon, that isn't the place to buy them.

Sad....

I thought I overheard that the booth was a sponsor's but I hoped I heard wrong :( And there was 2 people who wouldn't listen to me and bought some of the veileds anyway.... One of them saying it was okay to keep two of them together if you started them out young even if they were males... Made me mad!

Dart frogs?

Did they have any dart frogs? Maybe I will go tomorrow if I can get some, limited reptile shops in this area.

They did have a few booths with those :) But alas I do not remember what type they were but I do remember their tiny cuteness!

Back
Top Bottom