18x18x36 for adult Panther good? will be Free Ranged a lot!!!

II Knucklez II

Hello every one, I will be getting a ~3 month old ambilobe panther in the next two weeks and I wanted to know if once he gets older, will he be find in a 18x18x36 screen cage? Now I will be have him in a free range a lot when I'm home, so maybe that makes up for having a smaller cage while I'm at work?

I know bigger is always better (24x24x48) but I have limited space to put a big cage like that, where I want to put it at least. I have been told this should be fine and from what I have read, it should be ok even if I wasnt going to put him in a free range

Just want to see what you guys think about this or should I just get the bigger cage hands down.

Thanks

You need at least a 2' x 2' x 4' cage for an adult male panther. These guys need room. Don't skimp on the cage size. Bigger than that size would be even better.

he could start in that size, but soon , he will need to move to the bigger one - the up side is you can use the smaller cage to then rise some feeders in, but if you are tight on space, I would just bite the bullet, and get the big one , then you do not have 2 cages sitting around ~ be sure to post pics of you baby when you get him :D ;)

how big is the area you want to put him in?

It has the space but it's just going to be tight and I have to get another table. But it will fit.

You need at least a 2' x 2' x 4' cage for an adult male panther. These guys need room. Don't skimp on the cage size. Bigger than that size would be even better.

I agree. It's really not that much compared to their sizes.

Ya then I'm just going to get the bigger cage. Just thought I could get away with a little smaller cage since he will be in the free range most of the time.

he could start in that size, but soon , he will need to move to the bigger one - the up side is you can use the smaller cage to then rise some feeders in, but if you are tight on space, I would just bite the bullet, and get the big one , then you do not have 2 cages sitting around ~ be sure to post pics of you baby when you get him :D ;)

Yup that's what I'm going to do, just get the bigger one and sure I'll post pics of him once I get him!

I started with 18x18x36 and will be moving to a larger(custom built) cage in the next 6 months. The extra cage will then get used for a housing female or feeder food....

That's good :) waiting for pictures! ;)

Actually I have a Pic the breeder sent me.

I started with 18x18x36 and will be moving to a larger(custom built) cage in the next 6 months. The extra cage will then get used for a housing female or feeder food....

Ya that's what I don't want to do, have a cage laying around. Don't the III k I'll get another one any time soon.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373992456050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373992456050.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom