15 newborn Jacksons chameleons

dossman

On Monday April 2nd after getting home from work I was astonished to find 15 babies crawling around inside of the cage I immediately separated them from their mother. I have them in a small plastic enclosure feeding them flightless fruit flies and small crickets. A misting them two or three times a day but I don't know if they're getting enough moisture.
20190402_163441.jpg

On Monday April 2nd after getting home from work I was astonished to find 15 babies crawling around inside of the cage I immediately separated them from their mother. I have them in a small plastic enclosure feeding them flightless fruit flies and small crickets. I'm misting them two or three times a day but I don't know if they're getting enough moisture.View attachment 227942
I need to put a plant in there that holds moisture better and make a drip system. The plastic leaves don't hold moisture at all. I have a brand new screen enclosure but they don't recommend that for newborns. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to come up with a better method of dispensing the fruit flies that are crawling out all over I have packing tape along the top Edge that stops them from getting out but it's very hard for the babies to find and eat them they are hunting though.
20190402_143624.jpg

Well I'm down to 8 I'm trying to supplement the beta carotene vitamins I believe they're in repaid or something like that I'm not home so I can't read it two of them that died with their tongues hanging out one of them died when I was trying to hydrate him with a Q-tip I'm just spray misting them before and after I get home from work but I think they need a drip system I want to move them to a glass Exo Terra enclosure but I have to seal up the door or the fruit flies will escape, it's too bad they don't make a drip pan drainable for this type of enclosure. I also moved the UVB bulb about 10 inches away from the lid because I think it was overheating them last night there was four of them on the bottom of the lid getting the rays.
20190428_184840.jpg

Like i told everyone before..caring babies will take 24/7...misting has to be coordinate with ur keen eyes n observations..baby gets dehydrated more quicker then u can imagine..hopefully these 8 babies of urs will grow n survive in no time.

Back
Top Bottom