12% arcadia bulb ok for this set up?

This is a Large Atrium dragon strand cage (45.25″ wide x 44.25″ high x 22.25″ deep) and I have currently a 12% arcadia bulb in the quad fixture from light your reptiles right now. It is on legs about 5.5 inches above the screen....so about 12 inches away from his highest branches. I have tried to provide plenty of shade areas and he has a no uv zone on the left side of the cage...is this bulb ok to use or should I switch to a 6%?

TYIA
IMG_8706.JPG

What species are you keeping? Is it a T5, T8, or T12? It appears the top is screen, which filters a min of 30% of the light given off by the bulb. I'd say you are fine.

I would like to add one more question. How close can the cham get to the uv light?

Sorry left out some pertinent info there....he is a 12 month old panther, it is a T5 bulb
I just added a plexiglass to the right 6 inches....so he doesn't have to bask and be forced under the uv. I plan on adding a second basking spot as well to give him choice. So as it is now, the closest he can get to the UV light would be about 12".

Sorry left out some pertinent info there....he is a 12 month old panther, it is a T5 bulb
I just added a plexiglass to the right 6 inches....so he doesn't have to bask and be forced under the uv. I plan on adding a second basking spot as well to give him choice. So as it is now, the closest he can get to the UV light would be about 12".
I think the same as Extensionofgreen.
The distance sounds good to me

Did you happen to speak to Todd from lightyourreptiles when buying your enclosure? If so, I would trust him 100%.

Did you happen to speak to Todd from lightyourreptiles when buying your enclosure? If so, I would trust him 100%.

You know I searched his thread again and found this nugget:

"A 6% bulb in a single bulb parabolic fixture yields about as much UV into the environment as a 12% bulb in a quad fixture."

So I am glad I went with the 12%!

I got the 12% quad fixture as well from Todd and about to set it up on the new enclosure which should finish this weekend. @spacecats1001 are all the plants you have in there real and what are they? i see some nice ones that i'd like to put in mine as well.

I got the 12% quad fixture as well from Todd and about to set it up on the new enclosure which should finish this weekend. @spacecats1001 are all the plants you have in there real and what are they? i see some nice ones that i'd like to put in mine as well.

About 60% real, 40% fake.
There are 3 pothos and one ficus in there....the rest came from Hobby Lobby:)

About 60% real, 40% fake.
There are 3 pothos and one ficus in there....the rest came from Hobby Lobby:)

Lol! of course the ones i was curious about are the fake ones!:ROFLMAO: Thanks for letting me know. i have a ficus, and it's pretty much dead... might get another and pot it better and hope the new fixture will help.

Back
Top Bottom