100 gallon too big?

chameleonjames

Hello im new to this forum and new to chameleon care and For the past few weeks i've been doing my research because in about 2 weeks I will be getting my blue bar ambilobe panther baby!

what i am wondering is,
If i have a 100gallon(48x16,5x16,5) felxarium with dence foilage
would it still be too stressful for a young chameleon of say 2 months

or should i go out and buy a 38 gallon felxarium?
:confused:

Welcome to the forums....I agree - you could make a false bottom on that one for now and see how he does! Congrats on your 1st - beware - they can become addictive and you'll want more and more... but it sounds like you're doing some good research on it..

Glenna

Thank you both for your advice:)
ive been doing tons of research,
and i already want more and i dont even have my first one yet;)

I have the same size, and I used it for my baby panther Zelig since I got him. He was three months though, not two, but still pretty tiny. I thought I might have to adjust it to make it smaller if he couldn't manage his food, but he was fine. I cup fed a little, and other stuff I just put by hand onto the screen near him and he'd pick them off no problem. He's had killer aim since day one. :)
I will say that duetoy me forgetting about the slanted ceiling in my room, when i first got them I did have to have the cage positioned horizontal at first, so it was shorter in height but longer in length. But as soon as I was able, I bought shelving and rearranged my room so they could be positioned tall.
He's been very happy cruising around all his space in either positioning so I'm glad I didnt restrict him.

I'd say just keep an eye on his feeding and make sure he is getting all the food and water he needs.

Thanks yous:)
i think im just going to leave the space for my little guy,
he will just have to get use to it,

i only asked this question because i was talking to the breeder and she said somthing about someone else's chameleon being too stressed in a 65gallon,
then i just figured, it was stressed because itwas its first day home,

Back
Top Bottom