10.0 vs. 5.0

Brian S

Hey guys,
I'm in the process of getting a new reptisun bulb, and i was wondering if i should get the 10.0 bulb vs. th 5.0 bulb? I have a densely planted cage (24X24X48), and a 24" fixture.

Thanks

Brian,

I use the 10.0.
Although the 5.0 is the most commonly recommended.
Mine goes through screen and my enclosure is also 48" tall.
The 10.0 is supposed to go a little deeper with UVB rays.
It's been fine, I would not hesitate to use the 5.0 either.

-Brad

Thanks much, Also, anyone used the mister moisture? They don't look all that great, but who knows.

Thanks much, Also, anyone used the mister moisture? They don't look all that great, but who knows.
Howdy Brian,

If it's the one that I encountered a few years ago, they have a tendency to burnout. You can read old posts about "ProMist" and "Rainmaker I" as better examples of reliable mist pumps.

i was thinking of getting a compact 10.0 but now im unsure cuz the 24" tube is so nice and easily i just put a rope running under it and he is always on it. any input would be great. i was also just thinking of putting another 8.0 on the side by his 'favorite' spot.

Thanks guys. I'm going to get the 10.0 and i think i'll try the Mister Moisture. If anything, i'll be getting a setup for misting and i'll just get a new pump for it. Cheap too cuz i live near an aquarium supply store.

Back
Top Bottom