#1 safe plant

marcuseth

Hey I know there is a lot of talk about plants, but I am just concerned about if the Pothos or Hibiscus have any side affects to harm or cause illness to my veiled chameleon. I am really looking for a 100% plant that is healthy for him.

I know pothos is completely safe, and makes a great water collector. Schefflera are also safe, and make a great jungle gym. I don't have a ficus, but they are another really popular one and I believe they are actually good to eat, but I'm not sure on that.

Hey I know there is a lot of talk about plants, but I am just concerned about if the Pothos or Hibiscus have any side affects to harm or cause illness to my veiled chameleon. I am really looking for a 100% plant that is healthy for him.

Every cage I have has a Schefflera. From just hatched babies to adults never had a problem.

I have two hibiscus in my veileds cage. He munches on them all the time. They are 100% safe and do well in his cage. I know when I had my beardie years ago I fed him the hibiscus leaves and flowers. I believe you can use the leaves as part of a healthy gut load too...:D

Hibiscus is completely safe. I know that veileds like to munch on the flowers. Pothos is relatively safe if they don't consume too much of it. Schefflera is also relatively safe, but the sap can be an eye irritant.

Back
Top Bottom