1 month update and some future plans

Cberbs90

Hi everyone. It's been a bit since I've updated so I figured I would! I've finally got my temps stabilized to 72-74 degrees Fahrenheit and basking spot to 85. With humidty always between 55% and 75% ( i get it to 80 before i go to work around 5 so that it stays up and drops back down before night time) my male panther boonyani (we just call him boon, don't ask lol) will be officially 4 months old next week and I finally don't have the I'm going to kill this thing jitters anymore. His crickets have an insane organic food diet and I've changed my sleep schedule up from a total night owl to a morning person so that he's fed bright and early.

Anyways I'm already researching and investing in his future home. I've decided to go with the dragon stand atrium set up
https://dragonstrand.com/product/large-atrium-enclosure-drainage/
And for his adult light hell he'll be getting this one from a sponsor( I've been following another thread where these were suggestions and I think they fit)
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ho...h-one-arcadia-6-bulb-3-x-6-5k-daylight-bulbs/

I have a question that will correlate with the photo posted below. I intend to keep his new cage in the center of this stand surrounded by all these plants I've amassed with more being in his cage as well. Would this be to much direct sunlight?? He will have plenty of cover in there with a serious amount of live plants.?

Anyways here's some photos! I have seen his brother who is getting very green quickly. Boon isnt developing color as quick but his are looking more yellow and red which I'm excited aboit

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_125802.jpg
    IMG_20181017_125802.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20181020_130054.jpg
    IMG_20181020_130054.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 103
Hi everyone. It's been a bit since I've updated so I figured I would! I've finally got my temps stabilized to 72-74 degrees Fahrenheit and basking spot to 85. With humidty always between 55% and 75% ( i get it to 80 before i go to work around 5 so that it stays up and drops back down before night time) my male panther boonyani (we just call him boon, don't ask lol) will be officially 4 months old next week and I finally don't have the I'm going to kill this thing jitters anymore. His crickets have an insane organic food diet and I've changed my sleep schedule up from a total night owl to a morning person so that he's fed bright and early.

Anyways I'm already researching and investing in his future home. I've decided to go with the dragon stand atrium set up
https://dragonstrand.com/product/large-atrium-enclosure-drainage/
And for his adult light hell he'll be getting this one from a sponsor( I've been following another thread where these were suggestions and I think they fit)
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ho...h-one-arcadia-6-bulb-3-x-6-5k-daylight-bulbs/

I have a question that will correlate with the photo posted below. I intend to keep his new cage in the center of this stand surrounded by all these plants I've amassed with more being in his cage as well. Would this be to much direct sunlight?? He will have plenty of cover in there with a serious amount of live plants.?

Anyways here's some photos! I have seen his brother who is getting very green quickly. Boon isnt developing color as quick but his are looking more yellow and red which I'm excited aboit
Just a warning: in the Arcadia 4 bulb fixtures, you lose light and uvb because all 4 bulbs share one reflector, instead of each bulb having its own reflector. An Arcadia 6% t5HO is perfect for panthers! Will the atrium be screen or clear sided?

The cage will be screened by the looks of that link! That's what I prefer anyways! And thanks for the suggestion I will definitely keep that in mind when it comes time to buy it. I need to get on the list for that cage though cause I think the next build out is in December which would be perfect timing for him to move.

The cage will be screened by the looks of that link! That's what I prefer anyways! And thanks for the suggestion I will definitely keep that in mind when it comes time to buy it. I need to get on the list for that cage though cause I think the next build out is in December which would be perfect timing for him to move.
Get a drainage system with it or make one if you can’t afford it, unless you’re going bioactive, of course! If it’s screen, it should be fine by the window, it’ll help the plants, too!

Some pictures didnt load so here they are!
(much higher definition)

Attachments

• IMG_20181017_143035.jpg
    IMG_20181017_143035.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20181018_144133.jpg
    IMG_20181018_144133.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20181021_141320.jpg
    IMG_20181021_141320.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20181011_194458.jpg
    IMG_20181011_194458.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 88
Get a drainage system with it or make one if you can’t afford it, unless you’re going bioactive, of course! If it’s screen, it should be fine by the window, it’ll help the plants, too!

I definitely plan to grab the drainage system, i am using up paper towels like a crazy person!

Back
Top Bottom