1 month old

jimbo

hey, just another fng. i was wondering, i saw some chemeleons on line for a good price, veiled of course, their a month old and i was curious if its real dangerous buying one that young, and receiving it through the mail. is there a good chance of survival or is it usually a lost cause? thanks...jimbo.

hey, just another fng. i was wondering, i saw some chemeleons on line for a good price, veiled of course, their a month old and i was curious if its real dangerous buying one that young, and receiving it through the mail. is there a good chance of survival or is it usually a lost cause? thanks...jimbo.

I would only recomend 1 month old Chams to Experienced keepers. The husbandry needs to be spot on for success. They over heat easy, get cold easy, Everything is magnified with a cham that young. Recomended is about 3 months old. They are still pretty small, but are usually established. I am not sure how shipping would go with a cham that young. It all depends on how healthy it is before it is shipped.

As far as a good price. I would pay more for a healthy cham than getting a deal on what could be a problematic Cham. I know our mentality is that we are looking for deals as consumers. But in the end you may have to pay more for the right product. Just my 2 cents worth.

Frank

Plus I'm pretty sure a month-old cham would be hit harder by a trip in the mail than an older one would. Probably wiser to get an older cham if you plan to have it mailed.

I wouldnt go younger than 3 month old. This way you know they are a good start. When they are one month old they get dehydrated from such a long trip with no water.

I would also recommend finding a reputable breeder. There are several online (some are members here). Any reputable breeder isn't going to sell a cham that young.

Back
Top Bottom