1 last egg... please help

spencer k

my female veiled recently layed 34 infertile eggs, but yesterday i palpated her, and it feels like she forgot one.:( what to do now?

if i reintroduce her into the laying box, will she lay only 1? shes eating and drinking normally, and everything else seems to be fine.

my female veiled recently layed 34 infertile eggs, but yesterday i palpated her, and it feels like she forgot one.:( what to do now?

if i reintroduce her into the laying box, will she lay only 1? shes eating and drinking normally, and everything else seems to be fine.

It is quite possible that what you are feeling is poo or firm urate. If all else seems fine, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep a close eye on her. Perhaps palpate her again right after she voids and defecates and see if you still feel it.

my female recently laid eggs and she laid 35 the first day and them kept laying a few for the next couple of days. She never buried the eggs, don't know why, just laid them on the top of the sand, but i am incubated them now and she has laid a total of 43. It is her first clutch and so far only about 5 of them went bad, and they didn't look good when they came out. I don't know why she didn't lay them all at the same time. I didn't do anything for her but let nature take it's course. She is doing fine now, so I don't know except to quote Kramer from Seinfeld. "Mother Nature is wierd scientist Jerry" lol. But I wouldn't worry about it just let her be I am sure everything will be fine.

yea i thought that was a possibility also. ill try to catch her after she goes, becuase that very well could be the case. too bad both are about the same size:rolleyes:

well turns out to be an egg i think. should i re-introduce her to the laying box? all her habits are completly normal.

Back
Top Bottom