1 Day Old Baby Blue Eye Pygmies

pohchunyee

Avid Member
Hey Mike...Here are the picture of the baby Blue Eyes Pygmies I told you!!! They are so cute!!!:eek:

Attachments

• Blue Eyes 01.jpg
    Blue Eyes 01.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 279
  • Blue Eyes 02.jpg
    Blue Eyes 02.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 318
Howdy,

I'm curious; have you got a digital scale with 0.1 gram resolution (or better) that you can use to weigh one? My baby panthers weighed from 0.4 to 0.9 grams at hatching. Pygmies must be under way under 0.4 grams at hatching:).

Very nice. I had one hatch in the tank a year or so ago. It never grew despite the supplimenting and plenty of food offered. At 5 months old it was only about twice the size it was when it hatched. It eventually died.

I have given up on that species for now. From my experiences with them (and from what I heard from others who kept them), they dont do well with warm temps and it would seem like you would need to have the temps in the lower 60's (or possibly cooler) - which is a tough thing to do in the summer and doesnt really jive with what the rest of my pygmies needed.

I think the longest I kept any of them (WC) was around 6-8 months. IMO, its a species best left in the wild.

-roo

Oh wow........Roo..........i was about to contact you regarding them... my friend said you are the pygmies guy to go to.....well......temperature lower than 60...hmm........it is winter now..in Buffalo, NY...........now is 10 outside.. wind chill -10...........woohoo........man.....i will try to keep a good record of them....and if i success in keeping them alive...i will try to post it online!!
THANKS!!

Total Count....................50% hatching rate......... i have 5 hatchling out of 10 eggs. Most of them are too weak to get out of the shell.

To Dave's question........ i try to weight them....but... my digital weighing machine (used for baking) is not sensitive enough... or maybe they are too light!:p

Back
Top Bottom