1 adult dubia = how many crickets ?

im just curious about this ratio .
how much means 1 adult dubia in cricket numbers ?

all depends on the Cham. But an adult dubia is hugee and fat! A lottt of meat. I'd say and Adult female dubia is about the same meat as about 7-9 Adult crickets. ( i try not to feed off adult female dubias)

My staple feeder are dubias, and i feed less as a result. Each adult Cham gets 3-4 one inch dubia roaches daily!

One adult dubia equals 8-10 large crickets. One mid-sized nymph is about 5. Large nymph about 8. Small nymph about 3-5. Baby is 1-3.

Oh by the way I would not feed any smaller than the size of your cham's eye... Kinda defeats the purpose. Lol

i;ve been through a traumatic experience with a large dubia before , i learned my lesson :p

Of course, me too. LOL.

It was the first week we had our guy, we were just figuring the feeding out. So we finally got a big male roach and put it in a cup to feed him. Well, he got it... But in the wrong place. He got it to his mouth, but the roach crawled over his head, down his back and onto the cage floor... Quite dramatic, haha.

when i 1st got dubias i gave him a large subadult dubia and they have those little hard wing like structures at the end of the 1st segment of the head. he took it by the end and that structures where stuck in his mouth and throat- i was freaking out and i cut the bug and got him out .... that was kinda hard since he was hissing and moving like crazy .... worst experience ever with my cham !

when i 1st got dubias i gave him a large subadult dubia and they have those little hard wing like structures at the end of the 1st segment of the head. he took it by the end and that structures where stuck in his mouth and throat- i was freaking out and i cut the bug and got him out .... that was kinda hard since he was hissing and moving like crazy .... worst experience ever with my cham !
Another experience with me was with a superworm. He got it by the tail instead of the head and it reached up and latched onto his nose!! I freaked out and it stayed there for about 10 seconds and then Yoshi pulled it under and crushed the head... :p

My dragon bit off the bottom half of a superworm and the head end ran away and he eventually chased it down. So very gross!

My dragon bit off the bottom half of a superworm and the head end ran away and he eventually chased it down. So very gross!

haha , my cham ate once a superworm and when he bit it some juice jumped into my eye :))) that was so wrong hehe

haha , my cham ate once a superworm and when he bit it some juice jumped into my eye :))) that was so wrong hehe

When my guy eats nymph cockroaches (very juicy, I may add), sometimes they get... messy. A few days ago he squirted roach blood all over my arm and I think some on my face... and it's cold :eek:

It depends on the dubia. Some are much bugger than others. I would say an adult male dubia is anywhere from 2-4 1" crickets. The estimates for females are what I would say as well. A 1" dubia is generally at least 2 1" crickets worth of meat.

Remember to take into consideration not only the bulk but nutritional value when figuring out how many to feed.

And what about green banana roaches? I've been thinking about if for weeks :D
Is it like 2 banana roaches=1 cricket?

im just curious about this ratio .
how much means 1 adult dubia in cricket numbers ?

depends on the type and size of cricket you are referring to, and whether this is a male or female dubia.

I think of a dubia as about three very large crickets. You can use a scale to get a closer weight comparison, but the nutritional comparison is harder to be certain about.

Back
Top Bottom