😥 anxiety

Just out of curiosity, what’s the laying process and care like for beardies? Do they need certain temperatures and a lay bin like chams?
They still get their super hot Aussie-type basking temps and normal diet. AFAIK there’s no way to decrease egg production. They need a bin, but since they’re good sized, they need big bins…like the size I keep my roach colony in. I gave her a small bin just to determine when she was digging. She dug it up and was restless, so I put her in big bin with privacy and nothing except trying to jump out. I know in her previous home she probably laid direct on the sand floor of her tank. After advice from a beardie forum, I now have biggest bin I can fit in her tank with about 5+” of moist sand and covered that side for privacy. She’s was in/out of it for a couple of days and now ignores it. Only eating her berries or squash and bugs. All I can do is wait.
@pascal2023 sorry to hijack your thread with this. Btw, silkies don’t quite grow as fast as hornworms. In my experiences, it takes forever for the babies to grow to even be considered small. Once they reach a good size for feeding off, that’s when they grow quick. I usually feed about 2-3 silkies, depending on size.

Ooh oh oh and hopefully a double silkworm delivery tomorrow so I’m hoping she won’t be pick about it! I brought 30 medium - large and a silkworm kit which has small silkworms and eggs along with the mill berry mulch ect. Never given her silkworms before so actually not entirely sure if this can be a main staple ? And how many would you recommend per feed?

I usually feed her dubias, crickets and locusts but since she’s not interested in them and only wants waxworms I though silkworms might cure that side of things
You can use them as a stable, they’re really healthy feeders. But, I would mix it (depending on how big they are) 2 silks or 1 and 2 other feeders.

I keep reading about those wax’s and it sounds like she’s hooked to them. But, that container on top of your enclosure, and within no time you will have moths, this will be an excellent for them.

You can use them as a stable, they’re really healthy feeders. But, I would mix it (depending on how big they are) 2 silks or 1 and 2 other feeders.

I keep reading about those wax’s and it sounds like she’s hooked to them. Just put the container on top of your enclosure, and within no time you will have moths, this will be an excellent treat for them.

Back
Top Bottom